• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On a non-zip note, I think we would be doing this topic a disservice if we didn't recognize what's happening on HA right now ... already at 31k with the BP. :cloud9:

lf_zpsjfcv5zqb.jpeg

Yeah, I've been watching that one. Will it make $50K? hm

I think the question should be will it make $100K

One of my favorite MLJ's. And, one I've never owned. I had a chance many years ago at San Diego Con. Marty Hay (anybody remember him?, Is he still in the hobby?) had one. I debated for a while but he wanted quite a bit for it and I had other interests at the time so I passed. Always regreted it... This is the nicest one I've ever seen and should be a record setter for sure.

On a non-zip note, I think we would be doing this topic a disservice if we didn't recognize what's happening on HA right now ... already at 31k with the BP. :cloud9:

lf_zpsjfcv5zqb.jpeg

Yeah, I've been watching that one. Will it make $50K? hm

I think the question should be will it make $100K

:o

Love the pair of Zips! Two of best in the run imho. The headlights cover on 18 is outrageous and the psychedelic background on the 27 is really cool in hand.If the first appearance of the Web and the war cover isn't cool enough for you,check out the Baron Gestapo splash!

Congrats on two beauties! :applause:

Sorry for the late reply, been traveling. Thanks for the comments and for posting those crazy interior pages. (thumbs u

Do you have many issues of the Zip run?

I've got 34 of them. It's one of my favorite GA titles. Chock full of crazy interiors! :cloud9:

Here's a tough one!

:luhv: Really want a copy of that book..

I really want an upgrade for my copy. That 7.0 is awesome (worship)

Thanks! I've been looking for an upgrade also but this book has proven to be tough in any grade. The passage of time has taught me to be thankful to own this copy since I may never find a better one.

Here's a tough one!
SWEET :applause: I'm in the minority i'm SURE, but much as i LOVE #34, if it was a scenario where i could only own one, i'd take the #20. Really strong statement about the War.

One of my favorite MLJ's. And, one I've never owned. I had a chance many years ago at San Diego Con. Marty Hay (anybody remember him?, Is he still in the hobby?) had one. I debated for a while but he wanted quite a bit for it and I had other interests at the time so I passed. Always regreted it... This is the nicest one I've ever seen and should be a record setter for sure.

I stupidly passed on a VF/NM copy Harley had at SDCC in the mid nineties for $525 doh!

Later picked up a FR for $70 from Metro which i sold on the boards for a couple hundred about 10 years ago.

I bought my copy when I was just a kid for about $35 dollars. Aside from the dust shadow and a dog-eared upper right corner, it presents nicely, is pretty tight and fully attached with OW pages.

p20_zps50xrmlw7.jpg

Love it, love it , lo-uv- it! (To quote a famous Hare). :applause::applause:

Wow, and only 35 bucks?!? Talk about being in before the trends. (Sigh) :luhv: