• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

This doesn't seem to get the same attention as the #34 (for obvious reasons :) ), but I'm still very stoked to receive this beauty in the mail last week.

pep1.927a.jpg

Wow! Great book! Congratulations.

This doesn't seem to get the same attention as the #34 (for obvious reasons :) ), but I'm still very stoked to receive this beauty in the mail last week.

pep1.927a.jpg

i swear, I was just admiring this cover on the GCD site earlier today trying to come to terms if this one has 'sailed' for me in terms of acquiring a copy. :golfclap:

Well done sir. IMHO one of the top superhero war themed covers EVER! (worship)

pep1.927a.jpg

Great book. In some ways, I like it better than 34. It's one of the more striking pre-Pearl Harbor anti-Nazi covers.

Thanks everyone! I really do love everything about it. :cloud9:

Sqeggs, I couldn't agree with you more regarding the impact of such a bold image being printed before the United States involvement with WWII.

Great but brutal night on eBay for MLJ's. I bid on three books, walked away with one. Congrats to whoever got the Top-Notch 31 if they're a Boardie, a long time grail of mine. I'm happy for you...really... :cry::pullhair:

I ended up winning 5 of the Suzies, I just didn't have the scratch to get all of the books that I needed unfortunately. I'm really happy to have won what I did, 5 Suzies is a very nice score for me but man, if these books would have surfaced just a few months ago I would have been able to be a lot more aggressive in my bidding.

5 Suzie's is an amazing score! After the auction ended, I remembered you were in the market for a Top-Notch 31 too, and thought maybe you had snagged it. I won the Jolly Jingles 11. Cool Super Duck cover( had the number 10 had an attached cover I would have bid a little higher). But glad to have scored what I did. Congrats on the Suzies! (thumbs u

Very nice - I was eyeing those Jolly Jingles as well, but in the end I had to stay focused on the Suzies. Top-Notch 31 will continue to elude us... for now. :cry:

pep1.927a.jpg

Wow! Great book! Congratulations.

WOW!!! :applause: Been on the want list ever since I started collecting GA books!! Missed out on a copy that I didn't see until the auction was over but haven't seen another in my range yet!! This is a stunning copy Huge congrats on one of the All-Timers!!

These came in even nicer than I expected, other than the aged poly bags. (thumbs u

DE811BB0-2654-4F75-914E-76A9B58F8E39_zpsmai2kly8.jpg

D148A87C-24A6-4987-BD85-8A441618BDEA_zpsdia9eql9.jpg

8AD02CAC-266C-49E4-8F38-8CE5AC6B52AB_zpsbphvmkpx.jpg

Not a bad day for mail. Really nice. Cool that it's a short run, but some times those can be tough too ( right condition/scacity). Congrats!

I thought my Jolly Jingles would be in the mail today, but no..alas...only bills. :sorry:

pep1.927a.jpg

Huzzah! Good show, Caleb. What a frickin book!

Thought it noteworthy to publish the just finished ebay auction results for Archie Comics 3, CGC 8.0 (single highest graded copy). At first blush the final price of $4900 seems like a tremendous drop from its 2015 sales price of $6800 but in 2014 it sold for just more than $4000. Not sure how much can be made of this as it was sold at a poor time of day by a rather inexperienced ebay seller mostly during San Diego. Bidding was tremendous as it was selling for about $150 with 15 minutes to go.

I feel bad for whoever won this auction. I would've paid a lot more for that book, but I emailed the seller several times with no response. The auction was clearly a sham. The seller had not done any buying or selling in almost a year and was not a collector. I don't think I was alone in not bidding this up due to the fraudulent nature of the auction. Plus they are from Ocala Florida, need I say more. (Sorry I'm not sorry).