• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I took a terrible beating but I was able to reacquire this cooooool funnybook...

jackpot5.jpg

NICE! The 'Hangman' run and now this: building an MLJ set to match your stellar Timelys? :baiting:

Thanks! And yes...Timely, DC, Fox, MLJ, Quality, and any other cool old golden age set is A-Ok with me.

I posted this over in General in the "Garage Sale" thread. Thought you guys would find it fun too.

About 10 years ago, a friend of mine from NY who is not a collector bought some low grade GA from a homeless guy set up on the street. The guy basically wanted "coffee money" So, my friend sent them to me because "he knew I like old comics". There were 5 or 6 lower grade books. The ones I remember most were Shield Wizard #1 and More Fun #62. My friend got the feeling the guy had found them and might have used them for a pillow! One shot deal. He was shocked when I told him what they were worth. Here's the Shield Wizard #1

comshieldwizard1_zpsgezx57ho.jpg

My first MLJ :cloud9: . (My 2nd cover with a little green monster). I love this cover, it has it all, acid bath, bondage, monsters, heroes oh my! :whee:

image_zpsze9bhw0x.jpeg

image_zpszgokybyg.jpeg

image_zpsdepqpqvq.jpeg

image_zpswqtlyhnr.jpeg

image_zpsywq6x36x.jpeg

image_zpskiddvycu.jpeg

image_zps6remnoxt.jpeg

image_zpsvuynuoyj.jpeg

Cool one! I have a copy and i think Gino is in the club too. Gotta love the 'Rattler' covers. I'm only one shy of all four of his cover appearances. And your Sig Line..? :cloud9:

My first MLJ :cloud9: . (My 2nd cover with a little green monster). I love this cover, it has it all, acid bath, bondage, monsters, heroes oh my! :whee:

image_zpsze9bhw0x.jpeg

image_zpszgokybyg.jpeg

image_zpsdepqpqvq.jpeg

image_zpswqtlyhnr.jpeg

image_zpsywq6x36x.jpeg

image_zpskiddvycu.jpeg

image_zps6remnoxt.jpeg

image_zpsvuynuoyj.jpeg

Cool one! I have a copy and i think Gino is in the club too. Gotta love the 'Rattler' covers. I'm only one shy of all four of his cover appearances. And your Sig Line..? :cloud9:

Thanks guys, glad I was able to get this.

Sagii - What are the other 'rattler' covers that you reference?

image_zpsze9bhw0x.jpeg

image_zpszgokybyg.jpeg

image_zpsdepqpqvq.jpeg

image_zpswqtlyhnr.jpeg

image_zpsywq6x36x.jpeg

image_zpskiddvycu.jpeg

image_zps6remnoxt.jpeg

image_zpsvuynuoyj.jpeg

Sold to a fellow boardie that needed one so i guess i'm in the market for another copy haha!! Awesome book great acquisition!!!

Yes and you are on a tear man!! collecting some really super neat stuff i mean that Fox!! The Ace!! and now the MLJ!! I see you've struck GOLD at its finest!! that's what we needed more competition haha!! Welcome brother there is so much cool stuff out there have fun hunting them down!!