• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Saleen333 said:

My 5 MLJ in my collection.

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

What a lovely batch of Pep's! The #38 is especially captivating. Seeing these definitely puts a little pep to my step for the day :) Bravo!

15 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I've always thought that too - it's a Hugh O' Kennon "Fn+ to NM" copy out of his catalog. Needless to say, I was happy with the book. :) 

Man, his catalogs were a crapshoot.  "pc off cvr, tear fc, stain bc, creasing, o/w FN+/NM" -- what?!?

Just now, buttock said:

Man, his catalogs were a crapshoot.  "pc off cvr, tear fc, stain bc, creasing, o/w FN+/NM" -- what?!?

Yeah, really old school - I got lucky with the Pep 32. :) 

1 hour ago, Johnny545 said:

Need a better photos of this one:

5e61e327-153f-4f3f-8ae6-cd952fd2fbe7_zps

Photo looks just fine to me. Gorgeous copy! I love the later Zips with Black Jack, Steel Sterling and the Web the most. They remind me of the block of Adventures that have Sandman, Hourman and Starman. So much great stuff in those pages.

1 hour ago, Electron said:

Photo looks just fine to me. Gorgeous copy! I love the later Zips with Black Jack, Steel Sterling and the Web the most. They remind me of the block of Adventures that have Sandman, Hourman and Starman. So much great stuff in those pages.

Thank you, great avatar by the way.  Motivating me to take a pic of my Hit 7.

2 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

Need a better photos of this one:

5e61e327-153f-4f3f-8ae6-cd952fd2fbe7_zps

Seems as if there are a number of higher grade Peps with a "P" in pencil on the cover.  Wonder if there's a story there? hm  

On 6/29/2017 at 8:38 PM, Johnny545 said:

Thank you, great avatar by the way.  Motivating me to take a pic of my Hit 7.

I'd love to see your Hit 7 if you get the time to post it. It's easily one of my favorite books.