• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2017 at 10:30 PM, walclark said:
On 7/14/2017 at 2:08 PM, Timely said:

Currently my only Zip

zip20.jpg

Well, if you're only going to have one MLJ, may as well make it a 9.8 Church copy with a Hitler cover.

Don't you think it would make sense for him to sell that copy to another Hitler cover collector?  Seems like the obvious thing to do. (:

13 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Don't you think it would make sense for him to sell that copy to another Hitler cover collector?  Seems like the obvious thing to do. (:

What I can't understand is why he didn't hold out for a 9.9 or 10.0 (or at least a 9.8 with white pages).  I guess we all have to settle for what we can get.

15 minutes ago, walclark said:
31 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

What I can't understand is why he didn't hold out for a 9.9 or 10.0 (or at least a 9.8 with white pages).  I guess we all have to settle for what we can get.

So true!  So far I've had to settle for not owning a copy. :cry:

14 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Decided to keep this MLJ raw, it's a fun book to flip through. :)

Zip38.png

I've always wondered how the Zip run finished out after #35.  MLJs from that era can be pretty spotty interior wise.  Do you have any others from 36 on?  

24 minutes ago, buttock said:

I've always wondered how the Zip run finished out after #35.  MLJs from that era can be pretty spotty interior wise.  Do you have any others from 36 on?  

Nope, this is the only one I have.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:03 AM, buttock said:

Here's Zip #46... a Japanese war cover well after the title surrendered to Red Rube and the humor features. The interior stories are all over the place, from superhero to war to GGA to VERY racist humor ("Senor Banana"). Kind of a fun read, but "spotty" isn't off base either. Definitely not up to the standards of the #27-35 run.

j8l9c2.jpg

10 hours ago, Point Five said:

Here's Zip #46... a Japanese war cover well after the title surrendered to Red Rube and the humor features. The interior stories are all over the place, from superhero to war to GGA to VERY racist humor ("Senor Banana"). Kind of a fun read, but "spotty" isn't off base either. Definitely not up to the standards of the #27-35 run.

j8l9c2.jpg

I never noticed that one before, Steel Sterling makes a return to the cover as well. 

16 hours ago, Point Five said:

j8l9c2.jpg

Tough later Zip there! :headbang: