• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

Pep 34 from July has re emerged on ebay sporting a 1.8 Voldy case, looks like some hopeful flip profit there.

pep34.jpg

I saw that too looks like the spine was rolled back possibly pressed. I will say this it looks much nicer. Not as nice as it would in a CGC case but presentation wise much nicer for sure. Aside from Pep 22 or Archie 1 is there a more sought or hotter MLJ at the moment? I mean the San Fran 9.2 brought what almost 60K?? 

14 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I saw that too looks like the spine was rolled back possibly pressed. I will say this it looks much nicer. Not as nice as it would in a CGC case but presentation wise much nicer for sure. Aside from Pep 22 or Archie 1 is there a more sought or hotter MLJ at the moment? I mean the San Fran 9.2 brought what almost 60K?? 

I agree none hotter to me, I went after it the first run as hard as I could only to still lose!

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

The rarely offered Zip Comics #22 comes close (and you've got 'em both!!! :golfclap:)

5 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks Corey we MLJ fans sure have good taste don't we?!! :bigsmile:

Busted these out recently. One book from each of my favorite MLJ titles 

36682705814_d941da624a_h.jpg

We do! :D

Incredible set there my friend! MLJ produced some of the wildest War covers which I dare say rival Timely. And Blue Ribbon 9 is a personal fave key for me too. It probably won't ever catch up to the Spectre's debut, but I'll gladly display my poor man's consolation key.

On 9/28/2017 at 9:31 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

I agree.  If it was pressed, it must have been very carefully, given how damaged the spine is.  I don't CCS would have pressed a book in that shape.

I don't have many non-Archie MLJ's but I've bought a few when the covers appealed to me.

This one looks pretty but the back cover is missing the lower corner and has an amateur repair to "replace" it.  Still, it looks nice.
Pep_09_zpsgifq8ygm.jpg

Another flawed book, the cover appears to have been detached so someone glued the cover back on the book.  It also has the tiny surface tear at the bottom.  It kind of looks in the very fine range otherwise.
Pep_10_zpskvklf7it.jpg

Finally, my oldest Pep.  About good condition.
Pep_06_zpstjaaglf4.jpg

5 minutes ago, lotemo said:

I don't have many non-Archie MLJ's but I've bought a few when the covers appealed to me.

This one looks pretty but the back cover is missing the lower corner and has an amateur repair to "replace" it.  Still, it looks nice.
Pep_09_zpsgifq8ygm.jpg

Another flawed book, the cover appears to have been detached so someone glued the cover back on the book.  It also has the tiny surface tear at the bottom.  It kind of looks in the very fine range otherwise.
Pep_10_zpskvklf7it.jpg

Finally, my oldest Pep.  About good condition.
Pep_06_zpstjaaglf4.jpg

Awesome!!!! Speaking of Non Archie Peps anyone lucky enough to snag the #18 that went off the Bay tonight?? Thought it went for a fair price 

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Awesome!!!! Speaking of Non Archie Peps anyone lucky enough to snag the #18 that went off the Bay tonight?? Thought it went for a fair price 

Forgot to bid! Would've been the perfect copy for me.  :facepalm:

10 hours ago, Point Five said:

Forgot to bid! Would've been the perfect copy for me.  :facepalm:

Yeah I ended up the underbidder :cry: Thought about tossing in a crazy high bid just to secure it but sometimes you end up paying dearly for that. I tossed in just under what the last CGC 2.5 went for and came up short. The hunt continues hehe!!