• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Haha, come on now, it's really not that shocking is it? The king of misspelled and poorly-punctuated rants is just trying to sell his book again ... a far fall from his original 10k asking price. The fact that the 4k reserve has been met is also not surprising as it is likely him under another name. If it goes no higher he will pull the book, or post something on the boards like he did after he tried to auction it on CC and the winning bidder mysteriously backed out after the close. :insane:

Ah, now it's coming back to me. :D

Closed at $4,200

A recent pick-up :) Lovin' me some MLJ's :luhv:

TOP%20NOTCH_zpsziysezwz.jpg

Wow! Nice copy. Nicer than mine for sure.

Is it just me or are the super hero MLJ books getting harder to come across all the time?

It would seem that they've been discovered by more collectors & that they're slowly evaporating from the market. Books that wouldn't sell 10 years ago, I can't even FIND now (shrug)

Is it just me or are the super hero MLJ books getting harder to come across all the time?

It would seem that they've been discovered by more collectors & that they're slowly evaporating from the market. Books that wouldn't sell 10 years ago, I can't even FIND now (shrug)

They've never been that easy to find, but Blue Ribbon and Top Notch used to be slow sellers. Not any more.

They've never been that easy to find, but Blue Ribbon and Top Notch used to be slow sellers. Not any more.

VERY true!! I've had more luck finding Peps recently :gossip:

+2... Pep has dominated the MLJ market for so long - and they have become so expensive - it seems that collectors are in the process of discovering other MLJ titles (e.g., Blue Ribbon, Top Notch, and Zip).

In an article I wrote for one of Overstreet's GA updates some 20 year ago, it was mentioned how scarce the MLJ's are and I believe that still holds true today. If anything, over time MLJ's have become even more difficult to obtain.

+2... Pep has dominated the MLJ market for so long - and they have become so expensive - it seems that collectors are in the process of discovering other MLJ titles (e.g., Blue Ribbon, Top Notch, and Zip).

In an article I wrote for one of Overstreet's GA updates some 20 year ago, it was mentioned how scarce the MLJ's are and I believe that still holds true today. If anything, over time MLJ's have become even more difficult to obtain.

That's because someone is hoarding all the sweet sweet copies... :baiting:

Cool books all around! Here's another MLJ, guess you can call it a superhero book, as Super Duck graces the cover of Jolly Jingles #13. This title used to be formerly Jackpot Comics. Kind of a 'dark' cover for the funny animal theme. Cool interiors too.

Jolly%20Jingles%2013_zpsirdrm77p.jpg