• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I actually got all 3 of these within a month & a half space of time, at 2 local comic shows :) Good thing Archie Steve already has them :hi:

pep%2032_zpsaow7gnii.jpg

I'd sure like to go to your "local shows". I never see MLJs like that at any of mine...

Ha! Exactly. :applause:

My 'local' shows are the NYC and Boston Cons, and nobody pulls an un-slabbed Pep or any other MLJ out of a random box at either. They are usually behind a piece of glass at HA or CC as an auction preview, or insanely overpriced on someone's back wall.

On an semi-related note, in my work travels I am constantly searching for comic stores that I can pop into for a few minutes to continue the search -- recently did this on my way from Vancouver to Seattle (but the following seems to apply everywhere) and I'm thinking some of these store names really need an upgrade ... 'Lost World of Wonders', 'Nostalgia Central', 'Blah Blah Blah of the Past'. Thinking most of these places could get away with names like, 'This Week's Comics', 'Sold Our One GA Book on eBay' and 'Trading Cards You Can Buy Anywhere'.

To anyone still stumbling upon MLJs at cons or your lcs, I salute you!

Thanks guys! Yeah, it's not lost on me how lucky I've been on the local show scene lately :wishluck: Sometimes a guy goes a long time without seeing anything good show up. I'll never quit looking though :headbang:

I'm practicing with IMGUR and youse guys are my guinea pigs...... sorry. *No boardies were harmed in the development of this post* GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

WzCxxpI.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

I'm practicing with IMGUR and youse guys are my guinea pigs...... sorry. *No boardies were harmed in the development of this post* GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

WzCxxpI.jpg

? (shrug)

Great but brutal night on eBay for MLJ's. I bid on three books, walked away with one. Congrats to whoever got the Top-Notch 31 if they're a Boardie, a long time grail of mine. I'm happy for you...really... :cry::pullhair:

Great copy. I have two but had my eye on that one -- never bid though.

Actually didn't bid on any of them. I was trying to show some restraint since I already had copies of all. The only one I consider bidding on as an upgrade was that Jolly Jingles #12 with the hitler cover. I was really surprised/impressed with the price it brought.

Actually didn't bid on any of them. I was trying to show some restraint since I already had copies of all. The only one I consider bidding on as an upgrade was that Jolly Jingles #12 with the hitler cover. I was really surprised/impressed with the price it brought.

I was too. It made me think about "what is the highest price paid for a non-Disney funny animal book?" I know it's a heck of a lot more than $575, but just wondering.

I picked up 6 of the Gingers tonight.

I was too. It made me think about "what is the highest price paid for a non-Disney funny animal book?" I know it's a heck of a lot more than $575, but just wondering.

I picked up 6 of the Gingers tonight.

Interesting question. The Church copies of Bugs Bunny FC 123 and 187 each went for around $1,500 a couple of years ago.

Those are the highest prices I can think of off the top of my head. Kinda feel though that I'm forgetting something obvious. hm

Great but brutal night on eBay for MLJ's. I bid on three books, walked away with one. Congrats to whoever got the Top-Notch 31 if they're a Boardie, a long time grail of mine. I'm happy for you...really... :cry::pullhair:

I ended up winning 5 of the Suzies, I just didn't have the scratch to get all of the books that I needed unfortunately. I'm really happy to have won what I did, 5 Suzies is a very nice score for me but man, if these books would have surfaced just a few months ago I would have been able to be a lot more aggressive in my bidding.

I ended up winning 5 of the Suzies, I just didn't have the scratch to get all of the books that I needed unfortunately. I'm really happy to have won what I did, 5 Suzies is a very nice score for me but man, if these books would have surfaced just a few months ago I would have been able to be a lot more aggressive in my bidding.

5 Suzie's is an amazing score! After the auction ended, I remembered you were in the market for a Top-Notch 31 too, and thought maybe you had snagged it. I won the Jolly Jingles 11. Cool Super Duck cover( had the number 10 had an attached cover I would have bid a little higher). But glad to have scored what I did. Congrats on the Suzies! (thumbs u