• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I had the Archie issues saved on my watch list. I thought that the books looked to be pretty high grades. That Wilbur looks even nicer than in the seller's photos. I thought that the low seller feedback might hurt the bidding but they all received really high bids.

I had the Archie issues saved on my watch list. I thought that the books looked to be pretty high grades. That Wilbur looks even nicer than in the seller's photos. I thought that the low seller feedback might hurt the bidding but they all received really high bids.

After getting this book I bid fairly aggressively on a couple of the Archie but they still went more than I was willing to go. I wish I would have bought the other two Wilbur after getting this. It is a MIRACLE this book looks like this considering how it was shipped.

After getting this book I bid fairly aggressively on a couple of the Archie but they still went more than I was willing to go. I wish I would have bought the other two Wilbur after getting this. It is a MIRACLE this book looks like this considering how it was shipped.

Glad it made it to you safely. I hope the others survive the delivery process as well. I've had my share of high grade ebay purchases that survived a novice seller and mediocre packaging and still made it to me intact.

I bought a copy of that Wilbur issue from Superworld back when Ted had purchased a bunch of high grade early Archie and MLJ books. It's a nice copy but that one definitely rates a higher grade.

I know the feeling. I've received books from sellers who rarely sell comics arrive with minimal packaging. In recent years, when I win a book from such as a seller I usually message them through eBay noting that condition matters a lot to comic collectors and asking them to package the books between to thick pieces of cardboard. Sometimes the message works, and sometimes not.

A surprising number of these sellers assume that -- despite the high price a book may sell for -- we're just looking for a copy to read and the condition doesn't much matter.