• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Page 4 :bump: aroony!! In honor of GAtor finishing up his sweet run I thought I would share this recent acquisition. Been after a copy for some time and even in entry level grade it didn't seem to slip under the radar by any means

IMG_2153.JPG

:headbang: Lucky guy! Gem in ANY grade Gino! Classic, classic, classic!

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Page 4 :bump: aroony!! In honor of GAtor finishing up his sweet run I thought I would share this recent acquisition. Been after a copy for some time and even in entry level grade it didn't seem to slip under the radar by any means

IMG_2153.JPG

Awesome book Gino! Congrats! That thing is chock full of GA goodness cover to cover. One of the best Zips imho.

Just recently started collecting Golden Age Archies which upon my research are extremely underrated in my opinion, especially compared to the superheroes. Although it's amazing with the popularity and lasting appeal of Archie how scarce a lot of the issues are and in good condition.

Anyways, here are my first aquistions which I hope to be part of many more in the future!  

IMG_8150.JPG

IMG_8064.JPG

IMG_8284.JPG

1 hour ago, mustang33guy said:

Just recently started collecting Golden Age Archies which upon my research are extremely underrated in my opinion, especially compared to the superheroes. Although it's amazing with the popularity and lasting appeal of Archie how scarce a lot of the issues are and in good condition.

Anyways, here are my first aquistions which I hope to be part of many more in the future!  

IMG_8150.JPG

IMG_8064.JPG

IMG_8284.JPG

Great start and nice copies!!

You have discovered one of the most satisfying collecting paths in the hobby...Archie. Let the upgrading begin! 

There is no run that I have had to accept place holders more than Archie, but I wouldn't have it any other way :) 

Keep sharing,

JF 

On 9/29/2017 at 8:47 PM, jimjum12 said:

Seeing Gator's thread reminded me that I never posted this one.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

LdkSTuR.jpg

On 9/29/2017 at 9:22 PM, G.A.tor said:

Cross posting. 

IMG_5618.JPG

Two copies of this tough book both with a grade of 6.0 OW.  The boards are a marvelous place! :)

9 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

Great start and nice copies!!

You have discovered one of the most satisfying collecting paths in the hobby...Archie. Let the upgrading begin! 

There is no run that I have had to accept place holders more than Archie, but I wouldn't have it any other way :) 

Keep sharing,

JF 

Beautiful 41!

On 11/6/2017 at 9:05 PM, ThothAmon said:

Maybe I should hold off until after thanksgiving. 

83AD03FB-1791-4562-B0C6-47F1B42A8C91.jpeg

Did Jughead's little brother stick around long?  I'm mostly familiar with Arches from the 1960s and I don't recall him being in those stories.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:
On 11/7/2017 at 8:34 AM, lotemo said:

Here's a recent addition:

Pep_1944_047a_2%20-%20Copy_zpsgfnhflsl.j

Cool book! Reminds me of Supersnipe.

Good point.  Very similar to the Supersnipe covers.  And kind of ironic in that by this time Archie had already effectively pushed the Shield off the cover of Pep.  I don't think the Shield ever again appeared in traditional hero mode on a Pep cover.