• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

This is a great perspective cover from Biro gotta love those rivets in Steels underpants!! One has to assume that would not be the most comfortable pair of underwear to put on each morning!! ? Still looks cool!!

A man's gotta protect what a man's gotta protect! :sumo:

4 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

This is a great perspective cover from Biro gotta love those rivets in Steels underpants!! One has to assume that would not be the most comfortable pair of underwear to put on each morning!! ? Still looks cool!!

It's a chastity belt. His wife is on vacation and didn't trust him to be home alone. 

That book has no end in sight for high demand. This earlier Pep issue is similar in scenario, except on this one the bad guy actually draws blood and the two hole marks on the victims neck must've been jarring stuff for a '40's cover. The Mile High for this one recently closed large. 

image.jpeg

12 hours ago, sagii said:

That book has no end in sight for high demand. This earlier Pep issue is similar in scenario, except on this one the bad guy actually draws blood and the two hole marks on the victims neck must've been jarring stuff for a '40's cover. The Mile High for this one recently closed large. 

image.jpeg

Gorgeous copy of a wonderful book! I feel like it was overlooked for years, but no longer. Many of these classic MLJs are finally getting strong prices in the market.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:48 AM, sagii said:

@Electron Thanks! And yes they are: The Berk Hangman 3 did gangbusters IMHO. Here are some more I really like 

image.jpeg

I agree, Berk's copy of hangman 3 did remarkably well. About time though if you ask me. It's a great cover, with an even better splash. I've always felt it was under valued. Here's my copy.

IMG_1331.JPG

9 minutes ago, Electron said:

Two more fantastic MLJs! I like your style. I'm particularly fond of the Zip 32, I mean who doesn't like nazi skeletons on their GA?  Here's my 32.

IMG_2343.JPG

:golfclap:Well now, that is one SMOKIN' copy! Well done!

It's a nice club to be in isn't it? Thanks for posting! By your Sig line, you have other killer books to showcase in other Threads too (worship)

17 minutes ago, Electron said:

Yes sir! None of my sig line books are MLJs, but I can share this photo I took a while back as further admission into the club. The set is complete for me as I stopped when the humor covers started.

IMG_1490(1).JPG

:golfclap: :golfclap:Just, no words.....I think i'm gonna cry :cloud9:

21 minutes ago, Electron said:

Yes sir! None of my sig line books are MLJs, but I can share this photo I took a while back as further admission into the club. The set is complete for me as I stopped when the humor covers started.

IMG_1490(1).JPG

nicely done, geek!!

31 minutes ago, Electron said:

IMG_1490(1).JPG

Some crazy art inside those pages and awesome is the word!