• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2018 at 10:03 PM, Point Five said:

Filler copy of one I've been after for years. Back cover has been guillotined off and is missing :-( , but the front looks pretty good!

zip9.jpg.8ef7a0fd2ced3dcb79d57233a969275e.jpg

I dig it!!! I have managed to upgrade a lot of my incomplete books over the years but haven’t been able to with my 9 either!! My copy suffered the same fate haha!! horrid pic i should probably dig this one out and show it some love 

IMG_4176

26 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I dig it!!! I have managed to upgrade a lot of my incomplete books over the years but haven’t been able to with my 9 either!! My copy suffered the same fate haha!! horrid pic i should probably dig this one out and show it some love 

IMG_4176

How do those bad guys See, Hear, Smell, & Eat?

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

IMG_4176

One of the best covers from the Golden Age.  :applause:  Have a copy myself.

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

IMG_4176

Gino, that's awesome! It looks like our books were separated at birth. Same massive flaw and same nice-for-the-grade eye appeal.

When I someday find that cache of Zip #9 back covers, you're the first PM I send!  :sumo:

On 6/11/2018 at 9:54 AM, Point Five said:

Gino, that's awesome! It looks like our books were separated at birth. Same massive flaw and same nice-for-the-grade eye appeal.

When I someday find that cache of Zip #9 back covers, you're the first PM I send!  :sumo:

Thanks Bro and when an upgrade comes along let’s coordinate so we don’t bid each other to the moon haha!! Speaking of Zips and getting a lot of action you gents made me pay for this one last night!! Looking like my 1.5 will be to market sooner than later this book had great PQ and was just too straight not to bring home to Gino’s low grade rarity collection ?

Zip Comics #22

Edited by gino2paulus2

11 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks Bro and when an upgrade comes along let’s coordinate so we don’t bid each other to the moon haha!! Speaking of Zips and getting a lot of action you gents made me pay for this one last night!! Looking like my 1.5 will be to market sooner than later this book had great PQ and was just too straight to bring home to Gino’s low grade rarity collection ?

Zip Comics #22

Holy moley! That's an amazing-looking 1.0. Way to go bro!   :applause:

20 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks Bro and when an upgrade comes along let’s coordinate so we don’t bid each other to the moon haha!! Speaking of Zips and getting a lot of action you gents made me pay for this one last night!! Looking like my 1.5 will be to market sooner than later this book had great PQ and was just too straight to bring home to Gino’s low grade rarity collection ?

Zip Comics #22

Gino, how i missed this i don't know: I think i just glanced at it and thought you were reposting your previous copy not realizing it was a new acquisition. CONGRATS! One of the greatest and elusive War covers of them all(worship)

34 minutes ago, sagii said:

Gino, how i missed this i don't know: I think i just glanced at it and thought you were reposting your previous copy not realizing it was a new acquisition. CONGRATS! One of the greatest and elusive War covers of them all(worship)

Thanks C!!!!! Yeah I was super exited when I saw it on the auction block. Even though my current copy has a higher CGC technical grade I am looking at this as an upgrade. I looking forward to snapping a group pic of them then releasing the old copy back into the wild ?

23 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Zip 24.jpg

I should get my copy of Zip 24 graded.  They all seem pretty rare.  My 9 is just a recreation.  Many of those stories in Zip and Pep are outrageous but Montana's art was always top quality.

23626448326_c9d94464e1_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I’m glad someone else brought this up Rick! My wife and I actually got married in Meredith, NH in 2016 and my in laws live on the other side of the lake in Wolfeboro. We are here celebrating the 4th! Should be visiting again in August I’ll be sure to take pictures of the statue for everyone (thumbsu