• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I Paid $1200 for this but a tough copy and off white to white pages. I am having big issues syncing my i phone for pics to computer. Now Ill have to drive 35 miles to Akron to fix it at apple. I will share what I still have. I do not know but does anybody want to see Archies I sold in the last 2 years. B&V CGC, both 8.0. Am I allowed to post them ?I dont own now. They are in my computer. LOL

On 11/6/2019 at 6:28 PM, Robot Man said:

Ebay buy from Sunday hit my mail box today. Now that is FAST service!

Not high grade but I am so happy to get this one. I told my wife I was watching it, and she asked if I "won" it. I told her no, "I was just the fool that paid the most". Considering how tough this one is, I think I actually got a bargain. A very tough run to complete if you are a Mr. Justice fan. After not even seeing any of the ones I needed for several years, this is the 3rd one I can cross off the list in the past few months. Just down to 3 left now...

Haven't read it yet, but while doing a page check, I noticed the ad for the Rang-A-Tang club so shot a photo with my button. Also, a WWII Nazi Flamethrower cover.

Of special note though is the "Tales from the Witches Cauldron" feature with a very early 1942 version of EC's Old Witch. I know there was a discussion a while back about the earliest horror story in comics. Don't remember how it netted out. This might be the first appearance of the Old Witch?

comblueribbon20a.jpg

comblueribbon20b.jpg

comblueribbon20c.jpg

That is one banger of a cool pickup right there!! You basically stole it imo I had it on my watchlist with intention of chasing and forgot (Doh!!) Sooooooo glad it went to you man just awesome!! So cool!!

7 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

That is one banger of a cool pickup right there!! You basically stole it imo I had it on my watchlist with intention of chasing and forgot (Doh!!) Sooooooo glad it went to you man just awesome!! So cool!!

Thanks Gino. I thought about you when I got it. We collect similar books in similar grades. It is just so tough to find. I have a lead on the last one with the cool Skeleton cover. From a bound volume. Might be able to land it. :wishluck:

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks Gino. I thought about you when I got it. We collect similar books in similar grades. It is just so tough to find. I have a lead on the last one with the cool Skeleton cover. From a bound volume. Might be able to land it. :wishluck:

I’m rootin for you brother!!! 

Saw this on the Bay yesterday. Thought you guys might be interested. I have seen a couple but never owned one. This is of course VASTLY overpriced in today's market but real cool none the less.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MLJ-COMICS-COMICSCOPE-FEATURING-THE-SHIELD-AND-OTHERS/352865161411?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

On 11/24/2019 at 12:11 PM, Robot Man said:

Saw this on the Bay yesterday. Thought you guys might be interested. I have seen a couple but never owned one. This is of course VASTLY overpriced in today's market but real cool none the less.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MLJ-COMICS-COMICSCOPE-FEATURING-THE-SHIELD-AND-OTHERS/352865161411?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I was watching one on Hake's recently! The winning bid was over $2000. 

https://hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/234271/GOLDEN-AGE-MLJARCHIE-COMICS-COMICSCOPE-PROJECTOR

I looked at again. “seller” is Don Marris in TX. Looks it isn’t really for sale. He is looking for the film strips. Unless you got a spare 9Gs I guess.

$2000. isn’t really a bad price if it is intact and all there. Hakes sold another one years ago for well over $4000. Only two I have ever seen. Very cool and super rare for sure.