• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Spidey Villains that you despise!

Which of the following is your least favourite Spidey Villain?  

456 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following is your least favourite Spidey Villain?

64 posts in this topic

I'm almost finished my ASM run and made the realization that I need to pick-up a copy of No. 2 and 7. I can't stand the Vulture! Who amongst the top Spidey baddies do you despise most? I've probably missed a couple, so my humble apologies in advance...

JC, how could you?!? :o Aw Kraven's got to be one of my favorites of Spidey's rogues gallery. He's got the strength, speed, and agility!

Each to his own I guess... but I'm with you John. I can't stand the notion of Spidey having to square off against a flying geriatric- what a joke. And the number of B-graders running around out there... ugh.

Naw, lots of good baddies up there if you ask me. And shame on whoever voted for GG. (tsk)

JC, how could you?!? :o Aw Kraven's got to be one of my favorites of Spidey's rogues gallery. He's got the strength, speed, and agility!

Each to his own I guess... but I'm with you John. I can't stand the notion of Spidey having to square off against a flying geriatric- what a joke. And the number of B-graders running around out there... ugh.

Naw, lots of good baddies up there if you ask me. And shame on whoever voted for GG. (tsk)

I did forget about the Lizard. :tonofbricks:

Venom by a mile....I mean, it's not even close. :P The whole alien thing left me cold. ASM #300 was the last Spidey I bought off the stands.

John, ASM #7 is one of my all-time favorites of the early issues. It's a great read! Spidey's personality got much more developed in the story, and there's lots of nice little touches in the plotting. Give it a try. ;)

It's true....I am so old school. :headbang:lol

You're right...the Venom covers don't do anything for me. They just don't feel like "Spidey" covers. :( I don't like them artistically or from a content standpoint. What can I tell ya.

I was a McFarlane hater back in the day, but I've softened my hardline stance. :grin: I do really like the covers to ASM #300, #301 & #313. (And just picked up a Hulk #340 in the marketplace....)

It's true....I am so old school. :headbang:lol

You're right...the Venom covers don't do anything for me. They just don't feel like "Spidey" covers. :( I don't like them artistically or from a content standpoint. What can I tell ya.

I was a McFarlane hater back in the day, but I've softened my hardline stance. :grin: I do really like the covers to ASM #300, #301 & #313. (And just picked up a Hulk #340 in the marketplace....)

Peter David (thumbs u (thumbs u

Electro, they ran out of idea's about what to do with him back in the 70's. :P

Fair enough, and actually, I think you could say that about most of the 1st-tier Spidey villains that originated in the Ditko era: they had strong starts in the 1960s, but had pretty much jumped the shark by the mid-70s due to overuse and poor writing. The Goblin being the obvious exception.

It was a toss up, Mysterio or the Vulture. I picked Mysterio because he is basically just boring. Honorable mentions are the Jackal, Carrion and Spencer Smyth (Spider-Slayers were always lame to me)

Electro, they ran out of idea's about what to do with him back in the 70's. :P

Fair enough, and actually, I think you could say that about most of the 1st-tier Spidey villains that originated in the Ditko era: they had strong starts in the 1960s, but had pretty much jumped the shark by the mid-70s due to overuse and poor writing. The Goblin being the obvious exception.

Yeah, you've got a point there. Doc Ock for example has got real old now. meh

Now the Spider Slayers and Spencer Smythe.... ok, I'd agree with that. Robots were never my thing.

But I was assuming (based on the selection) we were only evaluating the Top Tier of Spidey's Rogues Gallery. Heaven help us if we were to open the flood gates to his B and C list villains (Oh no! The Kangaroo! lol )

Now the Spider Slayers and Spencer Smythe.... ok, I'd agree with that. Robots were never my thing.

But I was assuming (based on the selection) we were only evaluating the Top Tier of Spidey's Rogues Gallery. Heaven help us if we were to open the flood gates to his B and C list villains (Oh no! The Kangaroo! lol )

I believe that was a covered in a previous poll. Interesting comment on the villains created during the Lee/Ditko era. The current storylines seem to all resolve around the Kingpin and that Civil War .

doh! Now that I think about it, how is it that Kingpin and Hobgoblin aren't on the list?

Kraven is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and wouldn't last 1 second against a super-powered hero.

If I remember correctly, I believe in Kraven's 2nd ever appearance he gets taken out by Iron Man in about 3 seconds so you have a point there. That being said, I would still say he was a decent villian. At least he was more original than taking a(insert animal name) and making a villian out of them (Vulture, Lizard, Chameleon, Doc Ock, Scorpion, Rhino ....)

Anyway, I voted for Venom. I never cared for the character of story lines.

In the early stories, always thought the Vulture and Doc Ock were pretty lame. I thought the Kraven story in #15 was one of the better early issues.

I guess the Vulture would be my choice. The Ultimatized version of Doc Ock was pretty good.