• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

Wow, you really are a tax auditor, I always thought that was a joke. :)

He is.

A joke, that is.

:acclaim:^^

:news:

I try hard but not everyone could be a natural like comicparadox. I wish I had his mad skills. :(

:foryou:

:foryou:
:D

Uuuummm, you have be a registered charity in Canada to issue tax receipts for donations. Given you inability to file your IRS paperwork, it seems to be a moot point in going further.

I really don't know how the US system works because it just seems that you can issue a letter detailing the "FMV" of the comics received and subject to limitations, the donor can deduct it on their return if it's itemized? I put "FMV" in quotes because I recall reading that you value the donations at $3-4 each, which I'm sure is probably generous.

There are instances in Canada where some donors have donated a bunch of drek to a registered charity but the charity valued it way too high and the valuation has been challenged.

You just can't issue a letter in Canada and expect a donor to be able to claim the deduction.

QFFT

:gossip: Quoted For the Truth.

Greggy, and a bunch of others have been beating this drum for years....and it's not getting straightened out and straight answers are even harder to come by. This thread deserved a second look.

Greggy can actually communicate in real sentences :o

When pushed, his primal inner auditor can be drawn out into the light.

Greggy, and a bunch of others have been beating this drum for years....and it's not getting straightened out and straight answers are even harder to come by. This thread deserved a second look.

I notice even three years ago that questions were asked and never addressed. He just skips over them like they're not there.

Is the charity legit or are donated books building someone's collection?

I'm sure this question will be overlooked just like the others were.

I notice even three years ago that questions were asked and never addressed. He just skips over them like they're not there.

Is the charity legit or are donated books building someone's collection?

I'm sure this question will be overlooked just like the others were.

Why do the MODs allow this thread to continue on then if this is a possible fake charity? From reading the first post it looks like CGC has in some manner donated something to this group since they are mentioned or is that just some smoke and mirrors?

Also OP for the sake of the boards could you please cut the size of that damn picture in your sig line in half. Pretty disrespectful to have a photo that big in your sig line. Kind of shocked the forum software allows that.

I have some questions:

Why did/do the ebay about me page state the money from sales is needed to get to a con? All the ebay listings I looked at stated Comics4Kids in the listing. After reading the descriptions, I felt that the listing title was misleading.

I know for a fact that folks here were led to believe that it was your ebay account in the FS thread you asked Paul Litch to delete. You stated elsewhere, it isn't. Which is it?

How come when you were asked which hospitals you donated books to, you couldn't remember? I mean, come on.

Do you have a picture of yourself that you could share with us? Seems prejudice accusations were brought up by you, because you were black. This was in the thread you had deleted. Later, you stated you weren't black? Which is it?

Can you tell me why I should donate books to your "Organization"?

I'd love to see those questions answered too.

These questions seem to come up every years based on how many threads there are from 2006, 2007, 2008, and more with no answers. The threads keep ending with people asking for whether they can deduct the donation, to get a letter/receipt, etc.

I can't find any answers in any of these old threads. Just lots of bad tax advice by the OP getting countered by people with actual knowledge.

It seems that the OP is not too busy to keep coming back and asking for donations, but is too busy to set up his entity the right way, to list the hospitals he's given to, to admit something as simple as his ebay account was linked to that thread.

Sorry, at this point, regardless of the answers I will have to think long and hard about where to make my donations.

I have some questions:

Why did/do the ebay about me page state the money from sales is needed to get to a con? All the ebay listings I looked at stated Comics4Kids in the listing. After reading the descriptions, I felt that the listing title was misleading.

I know for a fact that folks here were led to believe that it was your ebay account in the FS thread you asked Paul Litch to delete. You stated elsewhere, it isn't. Which is it?

How come when you were asked which hospitals you donated books to, you couldn't remember? I mean, come on.

Do you have a picture of yourself that you could share with us? Seems prejudice accusations were brought up by you, because you were black. This was in the thread you had deleted. Later, you stated you weren't black? Which is it?

You question the "organization???" :eek:

130192221599.jpg

I have some questions:

:popcorn:

You realize that the photo isn't of Dale Moore, the head of Comics4Kids right? Is that his son Damien Moore? (listed as "Vice President")

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comics4Kids-INC/112011188876291#!/pages/Comics4Kids-INC/112011188876291?v=info#info_edit_sections

This is interesting however.

COMICS4KIDS

General Information

Comics4kids was a corporation registered in the state of Washington (UBI #602485410). It was incorporated in Washington on March 22, 2005 and was dissolved on July 01, 2010.

The last annual report for Comics4kids was due on March 31, 2010. Comics4kids was a non-profit entity.

Registered Agent

Warren Moore

20825 State Rt 410 East 413

Bonney Lake, WA 98390

Officers:

President: Warren D Moore III (email)

20825 Sr 410 E413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

Vice President: Heidi A Moore (email)

20825 Sr 410 E413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

Secretary: Sheri L Moore (email)

20825 Sr 410 E413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

You realize that the photo isn't of Dale Moore, the head of Comics4Kids right? Is that his son Damien Moore? (listed as "Vice President")

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comics4Kids-INC/112011188876291#!/pages/Comics4Kids-INC/112011188876291?v=info#info_edit_sections

I thought it was Michael Carbonaro but, I misunderstood this post. You are right.

121206.jpg

Are you saying these are donations?

I saw Michael Carbonaro walking around the room with those books. He brought the Marvel 1. He bought the AF 15 at the show. I doubt he donated them to anyone. But I could be mistaken.

Not donations Richard - I told Mike (see his hand on the MM 1) that we do not have articles of incorporation or recognition from the IRS. Also why I wasn't asking you for comics when we were talking. I put the caption on for fun. It's just a great shot of Damien and he was alla excited.