• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

You realize that the photo isn't of Dale Moore, the head of Comics4Kids right? Is that his son Damien Moore? (listed as "Vice President")

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comics4Kids-INC/112011188876291#!/pages/Comics4Kids-INC/112011188876291?v=info#info_edit_sections

This is interesting however.

COMICS4KIDS

General Information

Comics4kids was a corporation registered in the state of Washington (UBI #602485410). It was incorporated in Washington on March 22, 2005 and was dissolved on July 01, 2010.

The last annual report for Comics4kids was due on March 31, 2010. Comics4kids was a non-profit entity.

Registered Agent

Warren Moore

20825 State Rt 410 East 413

Bonney Lake, WA 98390

Officers:

President: Warren D Moore III (email)

20825 Sr 410 E413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

Vice President: Heidi A Moore (email)

20825 Sr 410 E413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

Secretary: Sheri L Moore (email)

20825 Sr 410 E413

Bonney Lake, WA 98391

Thanks Shin,

Yes I knew that was his son. In the general discussion thread in the marketplace section I posted a picture of Dale, more than once. He's been in a few scoop articles.

And when Dale first posted that picture it had a caption IDing Damien.

I posted the information about the defunct, dissolved corporation too.

The most interesting thing you posted is what I placed in bold......

In the general discussion he mentioned that "Heidi Spidey" was just a friend and the ebay account that holds her name wasn't his, and he wasn't attached to her in any way. Are there a high concentration of people named "Heidi" in the pacific northwest, or are we being bullcrapped?

That facebook page is really strange. It is a charity and then they are professional graders looking to help sell your collection. I remember seeing their website a few years back. I almost donated some comics to them but figured I could do it locally as well.

A call to the Washington AG's office would probably help get some answers. Running fake charities isn't something law enforcement likes. Stan Lee might be a little miffed if he found his photo was being used by a dubious organization on their facebook page.

Comics 4 Kids, Incorporated

Mailing Address:

5009 50th Avenue

SEATTLE WA 98136-1017 Street Address:

5009 50th Avenue

SEATTLE WA 98136-1017

Registration #32609

Registration Status Not Required to Register

Corporation Name Comics 4 Kids, Incorporated View Details »

Other Names Used

Phone (206)327-7436

Fax

Email comics4kids@aim.com

Web Site www.comics-4-kids.org

Purpose Description Improve literacy, encourage imagination and participation in the comic book medium by giving away donated and collected comic books to children for free, thus reserving the field for future generations of collectors.

Federal EIN 20-2882260

Federal Tax Status Applied

Beginning Assets o

Revenue 0

Program Services 0

Total Expenses 0

Ending Assets 0

Paid Fundraiser(s) Who Raise or Receive Contributions for This Charity

None reported.

Read more at http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/search_detail.aspx?charity_id=32609

A call to the Washington AG's office would probably help get some answers. Running fake charities isn't something law enforcement likes. Stan Lee might be a little miffed if he found his photo was being used by a dubious organization on their facebook page.

Might want to hurry up and call the AG before he leaves office either way :

"Thank you for joining Team McKenna! We really appreciate you donating your time — our volunteers are a huge asset in helping the campaign grow.

We have a variety of opportunities around the state in which you can volunteer your time and skills.

Our Bellevue headquarters is always in need of volunteers if you're able to donate your time here. If you can come in regularly during the week, you will be able to work on finance and grass roots projects. We also need volunteers on the occasional weekend for larger projects.

If you live too far from Bellevue, but are still interested in helping, I would be thrilled to pass your information on to your local county steering committee. Each county has its own steering committee that will be able to provide more information about specific needs in your community.

Please let me know what level of involvement you are interested in and I will make sure to keep you up- to-date on what is happening in the office.

It is going to be an exciting year. With your support, we can help Rob bring a new direction to Washington State!

Lauren Pardee

Volunteer Coordinator

Friends of Rob McKenna"

Stan Lee is a big fan of Comics4Kids

Keep looking up those old posts they are interesting...

Dont' forget to look at The Official Overstreet's Comic Book Price Guide # 34 I did article has a photo of me (not just the irreverently hansdome Jim McLauchlin)

If anyone has anything new to say please be sure to post it here cause you are inspiring me

Mailing Address:

5009 50th Avenue

5009 50th Avenue

SEATTLE WA 98136-1017

Registration #32609

Other Names Used

Phone (206)327-7436

Fax

Purpose Description Improve literacy, encourage imagination and participation in the comic book medium by giving away donated and collected comic books to children for free, thus reserving the field for future generations of collectors.

Federal EIN 20-2882260

Beginning Assets o

Revenue 0

Program Services 0

Total Expenses 0

Ending Assets 0

None reported.

Read more at http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/search_detail.aspx?charity_id=32609

I mentioned that we are restarted but no one reads my posts I guess - maybe CGC can have an interview with me all official like. Or maybe you guys did read CBG or Overstreet or Fan or Comic Book Monthly or Comic Book Marketplace or Overstreet Comic Price review or failed to notice my phone nymber and email everywheres. Easy to jump on the bandwagon when you have no complete idea. If anyone qualified (ie owns goodwill industries or salvation army) person can offer advice beyond these fickle boards it would be welcome. email me at comics4kids@aim.com I dont look here too often

Don't look here too often?? You've been lighting up this thread for a few days now! And you're posting in the PGM threads as well...

I'd say you're more active than you let on..and if people have concerns and they're voicing them, there's no need to get hostile. It only makes you look more guilty (and I'm not say you are).

There are just soo many scammers out there now that people want to be 100% sure when they donate items of value, regardless of the value. You cannot fault someone for being careful...it is their money BTW.

And yes, PLEASE resize that photo...the comics are great and so is your boy (I assume) but man, its just beyond a reasonable size...

Brock

So is this a scam?

if you mean by a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle, then no.

Nothing quick about this business

So what is it? It appears to be a non-profit NOT a charity by any legal definition. People here are interested in philanthropic efforts to get kids to read comics but your evasiveness is making it appear that this is simply a creative form of self-employment for you & yours.

There certainly was an opportunity at one point CGC even allowed something to be posted about your initial intentions here that derailed quickly.

:popcorn:

If at first you don't succeed (first you don't succeed),

Dust yourself off, and try again

You can dust it off and try again, try again

Cause if at first you don't succeed (first you don't succeed),

You can dust it off and try again, dust yourself off and try again, try again

Mailing Address:

5009 50th Avenue

5009 50th Avenue

SEATTLE WA 98136-1017

Registration #32609

Other Names Used

Phone (206)327-7436

Fax

Federal EIN 20-2882260

Beginning Assets o

Revenue 0

Program Services 0

Total Expenses 0

Ending Assets 0

None reported.

If at first you don't succeed (first you don't succeed),

You can dust it off and try again, try again

Cause if at first you don't succeed (first you don't succeed),

You can dust it off and try again, dust yourself off and try again, try again

That is so awesome I love Aaliyah and my grand daughter named Aliyah just with the one letter instead of all with the other one