• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

Well it's been a great 13 years with CGC...

"... I'm all out of bubblegum ."

Before you edited this post you wrote "last word".

I am curious as to what that same pic of your son holding 2 borrowed books that you yourself admitted were just walking by your booth and weren't yours and weren't donated had to do with anything being discussed here.

The quote is from roddy piper in "they live". The rest of that quote references that he came to chew bubblegum and kick . So whose are you implying you are going to kick?

Also I thought you only worked for cgc for a very short period of time (2 years or so) before you "ceased" to work for them.

I wonder how the word "with" is defined. Judging by what I'm seeing I have 35 years "with" Marvel Comics and I have 30 years "with" deep dish pizza.

If its just affiliation with cgc then I am on year 12 myself. lol

I am gonna count years I've known Steve and just make it an even 20.

He is a passive aggressive clown, with a pseudo fraudulent method for collecting comics and deducting Con visits. As a parent it is especially offensive when children are used as a means of perpetrating his scam.

Your verbal lashings seem to exite him. Seeking the legitimacy of his "charity" is clearly tantamount to his need for attention.

So has anyone forwarded some of the info on this wonderful non-profit to say the State Attorney General or even the IRS to have them dig a little more into this yet? I know they love to get their hands dirty when it comes to non-profits that may not be on the up and up.

At this point he could really help himself by just giving full , transparent, complete disclosure.

Not snarky two line posts, and not PMing people with links to Washington State website information.

Washington State has a registration requirement for any organization fundraising from the public and raising more than $50,000 in any year.

That's a self-proclaimed figure. So an organization could say "Nope, it's under $50k" and the site will say "Not required to Register". I would imagine that is open to audit and review, especially if, say, zero assets were claimed in one breath but all the press releases reference 1.5 million comics etc etc. Or if tables at conventions, travel expense, comic donations, and cash donations seem to exceed that figure.

Regardless, the State of Washington encourages voluntary registration. They realize, as all earnest and forthright organizations do, that trust must be earned and integrity must be displayed.

Charitable organizations that are exempt from state registration are encouraged to file an “Optional Registration” with the Charities Program. There is no fee to file the Optional Registration and it is accessible online. Read more at http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/SummaryofWashingtonStatesCharitableSolicitationsAct.aspx

It's a free form, and it's the kind of thing that charities of all size do in order to demonstrate they are exactly who they say they are.

One thing that's troubling to me is that we are talking to Dale here and Dale's not even listed as a director of Comics 4 Kids, Inc. He's a registered agent, but not listed as a Director. On one part of the form he's listed as president but not listed as a director of the corporation. Very confusing filing.

Anybody else get a PM from this bozo? It was basically a copy of his most recent post.
Send it to the mods, it's an implied threat, as comix4fun pointed out. The implied part is the allusion to kicking a** and chewing gum.

Anybody else get a PM from this bozo? It was basically a copy of his most recent post.
Send it to the mods, it's an implied threat, as comix4fun pointed out. The implied part is the allusion to kicking a** and chewing gum.

That part wasn't in the PM.

I wouldn't send it to the mods anyway for that.

At this point he could really help himself by just giving full , transparent, complete disclosure.

Not snarky two line posts, and not PMing people with links to Washington State website information.

Washington State has a registration requirement for any organization fundraising from the public and raising more than $50,000 in any year.

That's a self-proclaimed figure. So an organization could say "Nope, it's under $50k" and the site will say "Not required to Register". I would imagine that is open to audit and review, especially if, say, zero assets were claimed in one breath but all the press releases reference 1.5 million comics etc etc. Or if tables at conventions, travel expense, comic donations, and cash donations seem to exceed that figure.

Regardless, the State of Washington encourages voluntary registration. They realize, as all earnest and forthright organizations do, that trust must be earned and integrity must be displayed.

Charitable organizations that are exempt from state registration are encouraged to file an “Optional Registration” with the Charities Program. There is no fee to file the Optional Registration and it is accessible online. Read more at http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/SummaryofWashingtonStatesCharitableSolicitationsAct.aspx

It's a free form, and it's the kind of thing that charities of all size do in order to demonstrate they are exactly who they say they are.

One thing that's troubling to me is that we are talking to Dale here and Dale's not even listed as a director of Comics 4 Kids, Inc. He's a registered agent, but not listed as a Director. On one part of the form he's listed as president but not listed as a director of the corporation. Very confusing filing.

But he knows Borock, man. Didn't you read that part of the thread? :makepoint:

This soap opera is totally bizarre. He provides no response to any direct question yet invokes Borock and other names at CGC. In response, CGC and Borock neither accept nor refute anything he says. WTF? A little clarification from these supposed associated people/companies seems like such an easy thing to provide.

This soap opera is totally bizarre. He provides no response to any direct question yet invokes Borock and other names at CGC. In response, CGC and Borock neither accept nor refute anything he says. WTF? A little clarification from these supposed associated people/companies seems like such an easy thing to provide.

but that would spoil all the win going on in this thread :makepoint:

Soap operas make more sense and provide more entertainment. This guy is just ripping people off, and popping onto the boards thinking that people are endlessly waiting to hear what he has to say, feeding into his Histrionic personality disorder.

Soap operas make more sense and provide more entertainment. This guy is just ripping people off, and popping onto the boards thinking that people are endlessly waiting to hear what he has to say, feeding into his Histrionic personality disorder.

You are feeding his fixation, then.

NOTE: I believe Dr_Neff has voluntarily removed himself from this messageboard.

How that affects the Comics4kids charitable organization is still undetermined.

From the PM he sent me, it looks like he voluntarily has removed himself and C4K from submitting to CGC & or dealing with Heritage as well. He has never given me a consignment for HA, but I am guessing that he is angry at HA because of me, as I did not come on here and try and help him.

I have known Dale since 1999, and have had some ups and downs with him. I was not going to come on these boards and put myself in the middle of any of this, as I have no clue as to the inner workings of C4K and could not risk my reputation on commenting either way without hard facts.

I hope that C4K and Dale follow their mission statement and get comics to kids that need them.

Greggy I never had access to that Action Comics 1 info as I was a civilian well into 2006. The posting was hacked and inserted info I never had access to in my position at the Company.

(SO) Steve would not have fired me in two years in advance. Additionally I have a non disclosure agreement with the CGC preventing EITHER party from speaking about the subject of my tenure at the facility.

Hey dimwit. You're telling me in another night of drunk posting that you never posted the information on the boards and then deleted it after tth2 copied down all the info? Who's going to hack your account so they can post that info?

Do you also remember contacting me via PM the same day asking about the Detective 27 that I had submitted for aardvark88 and asked if it was for sale? I never posted that book on the boards in the past so how would you know?

Liar liar pants on fire.

And FU as well.

Greggy I never had access to that Action Comics 1 info as I was a civilian well into 2006. The posting was hacked and inserted info I never had access to in my position at the Company.

(SO) Steve would not have fired me in two years in advance. Additionally I have a non disclosure agreement with the CGC preventing EITHER party from speaking about the subject of my tenure at the facility.

Hey dimwit. You're telling me in another night of drunk posting that you never posted the information on the boards and then deleted it after tth2 copied down all the info? Who's going to hack your account so they can post that info?

Do you also remember contacting me via PM the same day asking about the Detective 27 that I had submitted for aardvark88 and asked if it was for sale? I never posted that book on the boards in the past so how would you know?

Liar liar pants on fire.

And FU as well.

:o :o :o

Damn!!! You go girl!

From the PM he sent me, it looks like he voluntarily has removed himself and C4K from submitting to CGC & or dealing with Heritage as well. He has never given me a consignment for HA, but I am guessing that he is angry at HA because of me, as I did not come on here and try and help him.

I have known Dale since 1999, and have had some ups and downs with him. I was not going to come on these boards and put myself in the middle of any of this, as I have no clue as to the inner workings of C4K and could not risk my reputation on commenting either way without hard facts.

I hope that C4K and Dale follow their mission statement and get comics to kids that need them.

We all hope that Steve, and we all know what weight your name carries. No one knows that better than Dale, which is why I think he tried to drag you into his mess.

Hard facts are what everyone has asked for, and none of us have received. No one blames you for your silence without knowing exactly what's going on with this organization and the people involved.

You've got a big heart my friend, anyone who knows you knows that.