• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

NOTE: I believe Dr_Neff has voluntarily removed himself from this messageboard.

How that affects the Comics4kids charitable organization is still undetermined.

From the PM he sent me, it looks like he voluntarily has removed himself and C4K from submitting to CGC & or dealing with Heritage as well. He has never given me a consignment for HA, but I am guessing that he is angry at HA because of me, as I did not come on here and try and help him.

I have known Dale since 1999, and have had some ups and downs with him. I was not going to come on these boards and put myself in the middle of any of this, as I have no clue as to the inner workings of C4K and could not risk my reputation on commenting either way without hard facts.

I hope that C4K and Dale follow their mission statement and get comics to kids that need them.

Despite being put on the spot, addressing the situation as graciously as you have really demonstrates how great a person you are and how you help make the hobby a better place for everyone.

NOTE: I believe Dr_Neff has voluntarily removed himself from this messageboard.

How that affects the Comics4kids charitable organization is still undetermined.

From the PM he sent me, it looks like he voluntarily has removed himself and C4K from submitting to CGC & or dealing with Heritage as well. He has never given me a consignment for HA, but I am guessing that he is angry at HA because of me, as I did not come on here and try and help him.

I have known Dale since 1999, and have had some ups and downs with him. I was not going to come on these boards and put myself in the middle of any of this, as I have no clue as to the inner workings of C4K and could not risk my reputation on commenting either way without hard facts.

I hope that C4K and Dale follow their mission statement and get comics to kids that need them.

We all hope that Steve, and we all know what weight your name carries. No one knows that better than Dale, which is why I think he tried to drag you into his mess.

Hard facts are what everyone has asked for, and none of us have received. No one blames you for your silence without knowing exactly what's going on with this organization and the people involved.

You've got a big heart my friend, anyone who knows you knows that.

I'd reiterate that. Steve, who knows me barely from Adam - and yet has bought at least two of my meals that I can remember. And without me even having to ply him with alcohol first!

I can only hope and pray that HA.com can continue as a going concern in light of the removal of the Comics4Kids revenue stream. Soldier on, gentle soul. Soldier on

I'm going to start a new charity called "Comics for Dice."

Your donations are appreciated. :acclaim:

Give me your address and i'll send you some comics, is it an even trade ? One comic for one dice ?

I'll trade you one limerick per comic. hm

there once was a guy name Dice

who always wanted the bigger slice

At a con he ran into Nerf

This was a different league of smurf

He totally put Dice on ice

Wait, who was doing the poetry again ?

Isn't it past your bedtime? :baiting:

This soap opera is totally bizarre. He provides no response to any direct question yet invokes Borock and other names at CGC. In response, CGC and Borock neither accept nor refute anything he says. WTF? A little clarification from these supposed associated people/companies seems like such an easy thing to provide.

I spoke to one of the CGC folks he claims is tied to C4K, and needless to say, they had no idea what I was talking about.

This soap opera is totally bizarre. He provides no response to any direct question yet invokes Borock and other names at CGC. In response, CGC and Borock neither accept nor refute anything he says. WTF? A little clarification from these supposed associated people/companies seems like such an easy thing to provide.

I spoke to one of the CGC folks he claims is tied to C4K, and needless to say, they had no idea what I was talking about.

I'm not surprised in the slightest.

I'm not surprised in the slightest.
Me either.

You obviously missed where he said he knew Borock. Can't you guys comprehend anything?

Glad the TRUTH has finally come out! I wonder if he'll show up at the Chicago dinner now?!?! :)

He's not coming and was never on the list.

He's probably referring this post Dale made back in May:

Is anyone putting this together this year? The usual place, Gibsons?

If not, I will be glad to help out and get it together for us.

It has always been the best dinner of the year and going on, I think, since 2001.

If we do it, who's in?

(thumbs u

Dale

Heidi

Jason

Damien

Tom

Mason

Jerry

He probably begged off, I guess.

Of course if he is coming I wonder if donations covering "travel expenses" will be going to cover it. lol

Glad the TRUTH has finally come out! I wonder if he'll show up at the Chicago dinner now?!?! :)

He made mention more than once to attending the Chicago dinner and setting up at WW Chicago. I doubt he'll even be at the show now.

He made mention more than once to attending the Chicago dinner and setting up at WW Chicago. I doubt he'll even be at the show now.

And pass on that donated table from Wizard?

The Board of Directors would never stand for it. :preach:

You've got to admit that this about the most pitiful scam anyone could pull. You lie about your actions, prevent donated comics from getting to kids, and you then Te forced to sell most everything in $1 boxes at conventions. Why rip off kids for $1 comics that. O one wants to buy anyway? Nothing like being a sociopath with low ambition.