• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

Yes but he sounds so legit I just want to give to him even if it doesnt go to the kids.

Hahahahahahahaaaa

You can't be serious?

Pretty sure the guy is a shill and just clowning around.

He made a post in the grading and resto forum about CGC having no finalizers today.

The nutjob subject of this thread spent most of last night making posts in this thread and the other one....then went back and either edited or deleted a lot of them. :screwy:

The nutjob subject of this thread spent most of last night making posts in this thread and the other one....then went back and either edited or deleted a lot of them. :screwy:

Yep...that's been the M.O. for years now. Try to come off as professional, be a little snarky, be a lot snarky, then delete the snark.

Yep...that's been the M.O. for years now. Try to come off as professional, be a little snarky, be a lot snarky, then delete the snark.

It looked a lot like drunk-posting last night.

My child Connor hated to read before Comics4kids. He would sit in the corner mumbling to himself and cutting his arm. Snarling when anyone came near.

Then Dr Neff showed up with a box full of comics. Connor began looking through them....then....reading them...before this we didn't even know he knew how to read.

The change was dramatic. Although only 10 years old, within 6 months he was accepted into Harvard. 11 now, he's finishing med school. We simply can't thank Dr Neff enough.

Yeah, kinda like when he posted confidential submittor information of key books like Detective 1, 27, and Action 1 in the Gold Forums one night and deleted it by the morning.

Thankfully, someone saved it and sent to to me.

Didn't think that the Quality Control person would really need that info. hm

It's great there's someone weirder than me out there.

Not by much. meh

every little bit counts in this business....it's the difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8.

PS I have a Spinal Tap comic in 11.0

My child Connor hated to read before Comics4kids. He would sit in the corner mumbling to himself and cutting his arm. Snarling when anyone came near.

Then Dr Neff showed up with a box full of comics. Connor began looking through them....then....reading them...before this we didn't even know he knew how to read.

The change was dramatic. Although only 10 years old, within 6 months he was accepted into Harvard. 11 now, he's finishing med school. We simply can't thank Dr Neff enough.

lol I don't know why, but I found this hilarious.

I'm so glad Dr Neff showed up with those AF 15's and FF #1's. He explained that those and some other books are best for helping kids like Connor. He also explained it's best if they're slabbed, and in 6.0 or better. Sure, Connor couldn't read the whole book, just the front and back covers, but Dr Neff explained that's the best way kids learn to read. I hope everyone donates those type of books to Dr Neff-I can personally guarantee he will get the books to the kids and not, like, list them on Ebay.

I can't say enough to praise Dr Neff and his honest and helpful nature. Kids come first, second and third with him.

A simple glance at the pictures he's posted-of kids wearing masks and some comics laid out on a table in a conference room-I mean comic convention-prove that he's the real deal. He obviously cares, you can tell by how much he revises his posts. DR Neff what would the world do without selfless individuals like you?

If you are not sending your comics to Dr Neff, there is something seriously wrong with you.

I would be willing to bet that caring businesses like Blu Planet Comics would donate to such a deserving charity.

You're trying to paint upstanding members of this forum as being against charity?

Some of the guys you've been arguing with are among the most charitable people I've known.

Why did you wait until December 2013 to register?

We applied for the IRS classification in April 2012 and it took until December 2013 to receive it.

I am glad you've passed this hurdle, as there is a real need for a legitimate place to donate comics. I hope you can fulfill that promise.

However, I think Roy was referring to the gap in time since you held yourself out as a charity and started accepting donations as shown on your site and in your promotional materials

comics4kidsdates_zpsf585e387.png

I think it's the 17 year wait that he's referring to as well as the potential issues donators who made donations in those intervening 17 years may have had or may still run into for deducting those donations to an entity that, according to the IRS, was no more tax exempt from 1996 to 2013 than McDonald's or Standard Oil.