• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

If a person has to go to these lengths in order to "prove" his companies honesty - it's a pretty safe bet that the company is just not honest to begin with.

You've been busted, son. Time to move on. Try those poor saps collecting baseball cards. You can probably grift out a few years developing a Cards4Kids scam.

Comixology has also co-opted the phrase "Comics4Kids" with their new App.

No trademark apparently so it was up for grabs.

And it wasn't being used in any legally established way anyway. Anything established was long since expired, and everything else was "in process" since 1996. lol Fair game.

Other things that happened in 1996

Dolly the Sheep is cloned.

The Olympics are held in Atlanta.

Hailee Steinfeld and Abigail Breslin are born.

Gene Kelly, George Burns, Tupac, and Spiro Agnew all die.

Braveheart wins Best Picture.

Nicolas Cage wins Best Actor.

Seems like an eternity ago, doesn't it?

Trademarks are a sticky issue. From what I understand, someone doesn't have to have it registered. If they have established a reputation using a certain phrase or name that might be enough to award them a trademark should someone else use it and litigation is made.

I know because I looked into using "comicbookexchange" as my website name. Decided not to take Josh at Comiclink on even though he hasn't trade marked it to my knowledge.

:insane:

Trademarks are a sticky issue. From what I understand, someone doesn't have to have it registered. If they have established a reputation using a certain phrase or name that might be enough to award them a trademark should someone else use it and litigation is made.

I know because I looked into using "comicbookexchange" as my website name. Decided not to take Josh at Comiclink on even though he hasn't trade marked it to my knowledge.

:insane:

So now we will see another posting to raise money for kids! Wait, I mean, to fund his attorney's fees to litigate his trademark rights... :ohnoez:

While we're all piling on poor Dale here, maybe he can explain the circumstances that resulted him from being removed/fired from his job in the Quality Control Department at CGC?

Could it be recording confidential client information regarding certain submissions of certain big books such as Action 1, Detective 1 and 27?

He must remember the probably alcohol induced posting of the grades, certificate number, and submitter of those books one night in the Gold Forum back in the day?

I still have the list saved up.

I remember how concerned that Borock and Litch were about it when I informed Litch about it via PM which resulted in me explaining the situation via a phone call. Borock said that he was going to have a little chat with him at the then upcoming Emerald City Comic Con.

Yeah, we should trust this guy. :facepalm:

Holy. Carp.

This topic deserves its own thread! :facepalm:

I am confused here. Isn't it what the main issue has been about?

I thought so too?!?! :shrug:

all I know was I had my sig function turn off for the longest time and only last week, I turn it back on but after seeing that darn sig of his, I couldn't turn off the sig line fast enough...seriously?

I am confused here. Isn't it what the main issue has been about?

I thought so too?!?! :shrug:

all I know was I had my sig function turn off for the longest time and only last week, I turn it back on but after seeing that darn sig of his, I couldn't turn off the sig line fast enough...seriously?

Well last time I saw one of his replies, the photo was gone....

At least SOME progress is being made!

While we're all piling on poor Dale here, maybe he can explain the circumstances that resulted him from being removed/fired from his job in the Quality Control Department at CGC?

Could it be recording confidential client information regarding certain submissions of certain big books such as Action 1, Detective 1 and 27?

He must remember the probably alcohol induced posting of the grades, certificate number, and submitter of those books one night in the Gold Forum back in the day?

I remember how concerned that Borock and Litch were about it when I informed Litch about it via PM which resulted in me explaining the situation via a phone call. Borock said that he was going to have a little chat with him at the then upcoming Emerald City Comic Con.

Holy. Carp.

Two thoughts - 1) this may be the longest Greggy post I have ever seen, and 2) :o

Holy. Carp.

Two thoughts - 1) this may be the longest Greggy post I have ever seen, and 2) :o

There will be time for us to compare the length of Greggy's post later.

Wait, what?

greggy was a wordy poster at one time. Don't know what happened.

Maybe Chesperito has an explanation??!?

greggy was a wordy poster at one time. Don't know what happened.

Maybe Chesperito has an explanation??!?

I know what happened. :/