• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comics4kids.org

588 posts in this topic

Two thoughts - 1) this may be the longest Greggy post I have ever seen, and 2) :o

greggy was a wordy poster at one time. Don't know what happened.

Maybe Chesperito has an explanation??!?

I know what happened. :/

Please enlighten me, oh perverted one. :idea:

Two thoughts - 1) this may be the longest Greggy post I have ever seen, and 2) :o

Coming up on 5 years and I'm still a NOOB - I need to pay more attention around here :sorry:

I don't go around spreading other people's business on message boards. :makepoint:

I don't go around spreading other people's business on message boards. :makepoint:

Just Watson's

I grant you my explicit permission to do so. :rulez:

Just Watson's

Watson's what got posted?

I grant you my explicit permission to do so. :rulez:

I'm much more endearing when I leave people hanging. :gossip:

Just Watson's

Watson's what got posted?

:facepalm:

While we're all piling on poor Dale here, maybe he can explain the circumstances that resulted him from being removed/fired from his job in the Quality Control Department at CGC?

Could it be recording confidential client information regarding certain submissions of certain big books such as Action 1, Detective 1 and 27?

He must remember the probably alcohol induced posting of the grades, certificate number, and submitter of those books one night in the Gold Forum back in the day?

I still have the list saved up.

I remember how concerned that Borock and Litch were about it when I informed Litch about it via PM which resulted in me explaining the situation via a phone call. Borock said that he was going to have a little chat with him at the then upcoming Emerald City Comic Con.

Yeah, we should trust this guy. :facepalm:

This is why... You sir... Are a god among geeks! (worship)

So is this a scam?

if you mean by a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle, then no.

Nothing quick about this business

No I mean is this a scam because it is a BS made up charity that isn't really a charity but instead is your private side gig where you get people to donate stuff thinking it is going to kids but instead you are selling the items and pocketing the profits. Is that a clear enough question? Nothing quick about this business or profit huh, is that because it takes a little effort to keep things under the radar?

Clearly if this was a legit charity you would be keeping detailed records of what was donated and when you gave the items out at say hospitals or possibly sold the items to then gift the money to some sort of children's organization. Well it seems people have asked you about this before but you oddly enough seem to forget where things were donated to. I am sure the IRS would love to check the books on this not for profit business.

Question for my fellow boardies, the IRS still has that website up and running where if you narc on someone not paying their proper taxes and they come down hard on them that you get a percentage of recovered taxes right?

So is this a scam?

if you mean by a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle, then no.

Nothing quick about this business

No I mean is this a scam because it is a BS made up charity that isn't really a charity but instead is your private side gig where you get people to donate stuff thinking it is going to kids but instead you are selling the items and pocketing the profits. Is that a clear enough question? Nothing quick about this business or profit huh, is that because it takes a little effort to keep things under the radar?

Clearly if this was a legit charity you would be keeping detailed records of what was donated and when you gave the items out at say hospitals or possibly sold the items to then gift the money to some sort of children's organization. Well it seems people have asked you about this before but you oddly enough seem to forget where things were donated to. I am sure the IRS would love to check the books on this not for profit business.

Question for my fellow boardies, the IRS still has that website up and running where if you narc on someone not paying their proper taxes and they come down hard on them that you get a percentage of recovered taxes right?

There sure appears to be a lot of profit in the not for profit business.

While we're all piling on poor Dale here, maybe he can explain the circumstances that resulted him from being removed/fired from his job in the Quality Control Department at CGC?

Could it be recording confidential client information regarding certain submissions of certain big books such as Action 1, Detective 1 and 27?

He must remember the probably alcohol induced posting of the grades, certificate number, and submitter of those books one night in the Gold Forum back in the day?

I remember how concerned that Borock and Litch were about it when I informed Litch about it via PM which resulted in me explaining the situation via a phone call. Borock said that he was going to have a little chat with him at the then upcoming Emerald City Comic Con.

This is why... You sir... Are a god among geeks! (worship)

Indeed. :luhv:

Really though to help legitimize this not for profit charity is there any chance that we could hook up the good Doctor with a young fellow named Justin. This Justin kid was always looking for folks to donate him some of those comic books. :)

Justin should start a not for profit.

Really though to help legitimize this not for profit charity is there any chance that we could hook up the good Doctor with a young fellow named Justin. This Justin kid was always looking for folks to donate him some of those comic books. :)

Justin should start a not for profit.

Hell that would be any business that Justin starts. :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez:

(worship):cloud9:

and

Not one Gremlin, I'm so proud of you .... :foryou: