• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,135 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Brian48 said:

If the studios can treat this property seriously like LOTRs, it would take off.  All the same elements are there.  And by God, we DON'T need an origin story. 

Oh  Yes, Please just get with it and no origin story..maybe a minute total of some flashback scenes is all you need.  

Unlike LOTR though, I would hope they would keep the CGI on the low end and make the movie decidedly not for children.  Along with the great soundtrack and set design, one of the main things that made the first Conan so great IMO was how graphic it was.  I would prefer something with violence and CGI level similar to the first season of Game of Thrones as opposed to 300, or even Gladiator.  Although, Gladiator was a great movie and one as good as it has not been made in the almost 20 years since.  I think the market is ripe for another movie like it.

Edited by Von Cichlid

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, Brian48 said:

Wow.  Quite a surprise.  Not sure if I should be happy or worried about this.  I think Dark Horse has done a great job with the license since acquiring it.  I hope Marvel doesn't screw the pooch on this one like they did years ago.  The quality at the end was really bad. 

Totally agree - Dark Horse has done a really great job with Conan - hoping Marvel can continue with the same quality.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree Conan was rated R if I remember correctly, and someone who is 35 would have had the last 17 years to enjoy a Conan film. I don't remember anything being even offered...

Or go with your older brother or parent. Frankly, in my neck of the woods they let 14 year olds solo in if you didn't look 12. Like me being able to buy beer and liquor at 15 and bar hopping at 16.

I started reading electronic copies of SSOC, but I just can't get used to reading comics on my PC.  Seeing as I don't have money or will to collect all the originals (have about 100 so far), I'm giving the TPBs a go.  Got these really cheap since they were used, but they're still in great shape (covering issues #1 through #71).  Certainly fine for reading purposes.

SSOC_TPB.jpg

Edited by Brian48

On 1/12/2018 at 7:19 PM, Brian48 said:

Wow.  Quite a surprise.  Not sure if I should be happy or worried about this.  I think Dark Horse has done a great job with the license since acquiring it.  I hope Marvel doesn't screw the pooch on this one like they did years ago.  The quality at the end was really bad. 

Dark Horse wasn’t perfect.

They did some great original material, but the digital recolouring in the Marvel reprint trade paperbacks was generally terrible; garish and obscuring a lot of detail.