• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,135 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I know this thread is for comics and related items, but I have got to say this is a fantastic statue/ diorama. By Crom I want!

Conan statue.png

Conan statue 3.jpg

Conan statue 2.jpg

It won't come cheap. Hard to find them for sale. 

9 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

is one on Ebay now for like 1200 usd. I think that is alot..... or is it?

Similar one sold for $1,200 back in March. The problem is there just aren't that many of them. My buddy has one. It really is nice. 

1 minute ago, wombat said:

Similar one sold for $1,200 back in March. The problem is there just aren't that many of them. My buddy has one. It really is nice. 

so if I truly do want one I should pay the price?

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

so if I truly do want one I should pay the price?

You could always wait and hope you find one cheaper I guess. Maybe try some statue forums. But that price does seem reasonable to me. 

we setup this afternoon for a one day comic show tomorrow. While hauling boxes in we were looking for items on the list of our first buyer. While looking I found a couple of Barry Windsor Smith art books containing some more great Conan art

15285961453841481518316.jpg

1528596269992480606630.jpg

15285962367681665116442.jpg

9 hours ago, wombat said:

New York, NY—June 15, 2018—Know, oh prince, that in the year 1970, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, sword in hand, slashed his way into four-color life. This January, ahead of Conan’s triumphant return to Marvel Comics, Marvel is proud to announce the release of CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS. Fully remastered, this tome features Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith’s ground-breaking adaptation of Robert E. Howard’s iconic character. 

Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1-26 from 1970-1973—as well as material from 1971’s SAVAGE TALES #1 and #4, CHAMBER OF DARKNESS #4, and CONAN CLASSIC #1-11—the CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS omnibus presents each story in all its glory, from covers to letter pages, all painstakingly restored to match the beauty of the original editions.

Relive the early exploits of Conan across shining kingdoms of an age undreamed of, as he becomes thief, slayer and a legend.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 1
Written by ROY THOMAS with BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, JOHN JAKES, MICHAL MOORCOCK and JAMES CAWTHORN
Art by BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH with GIL KANE and JOHN BUSCEMA
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

I hope the restored, remastered versions that Marvel use are far more faithful to the material than Dark Horse's, and don't obscure details in the artwork anywhere near as much. 

Hopefully we'll also see a Savage Sword collection, as well as the Volume 2 continuation into the great, early John Buscema years.

Edited by Ken Aldred

17 hours ago, wombat said:

New York, NY—June 15, 2018—Know, oh prince, that in the year 1970, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, sword in hand, slashed his way into four-color life. This January, ahead of Conan’s triumphant return to Marvel Comics, Marvel is proud to announce the release of CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS. Fully remastered, this tome features Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith’s ground-breaking adaptation of Robert E. Howard’s iconic character. 

Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1-26 from 1970-1973—as well as material from 1971’s SAVAGE TALES #1 and #4, CHAMBER OF DARKNESS #4, and CONAN CLASSIC #1-11—the CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS omnibus presents each story in all its glory, from covers to letter pages, all painstakingly restored to match the beauty of the original editions.

Relive the early exploits of Conan across shining kingdoms of an age undreamed of, as he becomes thief, slayer and a legend.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 1
Written by ROY THOMAS with BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, JOHN JAKES, MICHAL MOORCOCK and JAMES CAWTHORN
Art by BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH with GIL KANE and JOHN BUSCEMA
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

I too collect CONAN THE BARBARIAN 1-26 and some Savage Tales and Savage Sword of Conan.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:56 AM, Jordysnordy said:

+ 1

I have the 1st 10 Dark Horse trades but I don't like the coloring in them so the :insane: person in me decided to pick up a 2nd run to read. Something about holding and smelling an old comic as opposed to a trade. For about $350.00 I picked up every Conan the Barbarian, King Conan, all the annuals plus most of the Red Sonja and King Kull books. When my ASM run is complete I will be starting a Conan run - I will try and do 1-50 in 9.8 :wishluck:

Conan 1R.jpg

I have both trades and the comics. I read both as well, sometimes I read while I am laying in bed and i read trades so I don't have to get up and get anymore books. Then on other times I have a stack of comics to read as well.

Go figure

1-50 in 9.8 is a fantastic goal!

Edited by Artboy99

On 10/17/2015 at 10:17 AM, Brian48 said:

I already had these books and wasn't looking for another set, but the condition was really good (best I've seen thus far) so I decided to upgrade. Nice companion to my reader copies. Also, it was fairly cheap.

158315.jpg.606db324d8bcc24ddc04840eebb7b744.jpg

these are beautiful!