• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,125 posts in this topic

This thread has opened my eyes to a brave new world! Note to self: buy Conan books.

You won't regret it!

CONAN is the one title I have collected that has never disappointed me when I have read it.

I love Conan. (shrug)

Me too. Some of the best comics ever made.

Sadly, we're in the minority. Heck, I've been trying to sell a lot of 300 or so Marvel Conan and Conan-related comics for only $100.00 CAD. Almost every pre-90 Marvel issue and no takers. It's been advertised for over a year...

:P

I love Conan. (shrug)

Sadly, we're in the minority. Heck, I've been trying to sell a lot of 300 or so Marvel Conan and Conan-related comics for only $100.00 CAD. Almost every pre-90 Marvel issue and no takers. It's been advertised for over a year...

Couldn't agree more.

Conan the Barbarian and SSOC are great titles.

There does seem to be a small surge on the boards in Conan popularity recently.

Books in 9.6 are very affordable, raws are a complete steal.

Very sad to see that Dark Horse can't even sell 10000 copies a month and their Conan efforts have been pretty solid.

I love Conan. (shrug)

Couldn't agree more.

Conan the Barbarian and SSOC are great titles.

There does seem to be a small surge on the boards in Conan popularity recently.

Books in 9.6 are very affordable, raws are a complete steal.

Very sad to see that Dark Horse can't even sell 10000 copies a month and their Conan efforts have been pretty solid.

I was buying the DH issues back in the day, but I dropped it after Nord left. Now I'm back to reading the novels (and Lovecraft stuff).

I love Conan. (shrug)

Send me a list of those pre-90's.

I love Conan. (shrug)

Hi,

Are you near Montreal? If not, there's no point. I'm not shipping these days. Sorry. :sorry:

I can tell you that it's an almost complete CONAN THE BARBARIAN run from about #25 to nearly the end, most of KING CONAN, RED SONJA minis, KULL THE CONQUEROR, etc...

Cheers!

I love Conan. (shrug)

Hi,

Are you near Montreal? If not, there's no point. I'm not shipping these days. Sorry. :sorry:

I can tell you that it's an almost complete CONAN THE BARBARIAN run from about #25 to nearly the end, most of KING CONAN, RED SONJA minis, KULL THE CONQUEROR, etc...

Cheers!

I can't help myself - PM sent

I can transport to Ottawa if necessary.

Gotta say, I'll pick up Savage Swords, but won't bother with the comic. I love Buscema, but really don't like BWS, and I don't want to have to buy issues I'll hate. The mag is :cloud9:

Gotta say, I'll pick up Savage Swords, but won't bother with the comic. I love Buscema, but really don't like BWS, and I don't want to have to buy issues I'll hate. The mag is :cloud9:

The comics are great too!

Funny that you say that, but my least favourite issues are the BWS ones. I love his work, but his Conan just seems wrong to me. Kind of like THOR in JIM #83. A scrawny barbarian just doesn't work for me. (shrug)

Funny that you say that, but my least favourite issues are the BWS ones. I love his work, but his Conan just seems wrong to me. Kind of like THOR in JIM #83. A scrawny barbarian just doesn't work for me. (shrug)

While I prefer Buscema's Conan, I also like BWS.

+1 on Buscema but I'm sure many will think it's heresy to think this way.

Scrawny? Not after the first few BWS issues, when they went out of their way to portray Conan as being very young. (shrug)

conan_by_smith.jpg

Conan+020-01+The+Black+Hound+of+Vengeance.jpg

I THINK he is referring to the early issues of Conan the Barbarian, where Conan isn't as muscular.

Scrawny? Not after the first few BWS issues, when they went out of their way to portray Conan as being very young. (shrug)

I THINK he is referring to the early issues of Conan the Barbarian, where Conan isn't as muscular.

Agreed, which is why I said it. ;)

By Conan #9 and thereafter, he was depicted as being big and muscular:

CTB%2B%25239%2BSP.jpg

Not sure why anyone would, Buscema is an all time great comic book artist.

Conan was supposed to be scrawny during that time period. According to the chronicle timeline, he was supposed to be teenager with wanderlust just leaving Cimmeria. I think the problem is when Buscema took over the title with issue #25, Conan automatically looked like he was 40 years old.

I think that was the only thing I didn't like about Buscema's Conan. Whether Conan was 18 or 60+ as King Conan, he looked exactly the same.

Heresy with regards to preferring Buscema over BWS.

Heresy with regards to preferring Buscema over BWS.

Not at all, BWS doesn't rank as a great artist for me. Although very detailed, he couldn't draw a face to save his life.

Buscema's Silver Surfer wipes the floor with anything BWS ever drew.

conan_by_smith.jpg

But it's those first 12 or so issues, where he wears the horned helmet, and has a rather svelte body and almost feminine face that I don't like. Personal taste. That's all.