• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,135 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2018 at 1:59 PM, ygogolak said:

Because of all the "new" Conan fans and old? Conan hasn't been relevant in two decades.

I find the mythology of Conan to be quite interesting. 

Surely there must be more like me that feel the same way.

As far as not being relevant , neither was Iron Man, Thor , or Wonder Woman, but yet they were great films.

I understand your very biased opinion , just don't believe you are correct in assuming that a Conan film would fail.

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I find the mythology of Conan to be quite interesting. 

Surely there must be more like me that feel the same way.

As far as not being relevant , neither was Iron Man, Thor , or Wonder Woman, but yet they were great films.

I understand your very biased opinion , just don't believe you are correct in assuming that a Conan film would fail.

You're kidding right? They were all definitely relevant. They are some of the best know superheroes. As I stated before, Conan was selling about 2k a month at Dark Horse. Did any of those comics get below, let's say, 50k?

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You're kidding right? They were all definitely relevant. They are some of the best know superheroes. As I stated before, Conan was selling about 2k a month at Dark Horse. Did any of those comics get below, let's say, 50k?

C'mon be honest with yourself. Iron Man was a 3rd tier character before the first Iron Man movie came out, now he's an A lister. Now Wonder Woman is having a bit of an upswing in popularity due to her new movie role. All I'm saying is a good story is a good story, and Conan has one of the best origins in comics. Conan may not be relevant to you, but there are many who feel he is relevant, including me. 

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

C'mon be honest with yourself. Iron Man was a 3rd tier character before the first Iron Man movie came out, now he's an A lister. Now Wonder Woman is having a bit of an upswing in popularity due to her new movie role. All I'm saying is a good story is a good story, and Conan has one of the best origins in comics. Conan may not be relevant to you, but there are many who feel he is relevant, including me. 

Right, and are any of these people under the age of 35?

I agree I could see Conan being big again like Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings if a movie/tv show by Marvel is done right. Conan is just frigging cool! 

conan.jpg

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

What have any people under 35 been old enough to enjoy from Conan? I'm 36 and never seen a Conan film, but would perhaps enjoy a new version or at least would be open to it. Could you make the argument that Heman would be a better choice? or are you saying that the idea of a Barbarian type has been done to death? there's been nothing I've seen. I'm not saying your wrong, cause who knows, right? but to say the "idea" of barbarians being only a quality period of the 80's seems short sighted.... 

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Are you under the age of 35? You act as if your viewpoint should be everyones view.  I'm very sorry that you cant see the forest for the trees, but life goes on, and hopefully Conan survives your thrashing.

Are you under the age of 35? You act as if your viewpoint should be everyones view.  I'm very sorry that you cant see the forest for the trees, but life goes on, and hopefully Conan survives your thrashing.

I agree Conan was rated R if I remember correctly, and someone who is 35 would have had the last 17 years to enjoy a Conan film. I don't remember anything being even offered...

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I agree I could see Conan being big again like Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings if a movie/tv show by Marvel is done right. Conan is just frigging cool! 

conan.jpg

Oh the possibilities! :headbang:

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Some could have said that about Sherlock Holmes a few years ago,but he is more popular than ever now.

91qt73QkZqL._SY445_.jpg

It is all about presenting it and marketing it right. 

Disney is the king of marketing.

I wouldn't bet against Conan if Marvel/Disney is behind it. They must have a long-term plan for Conan or they wouldn't have taken the ip from Dark Horse.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree Conan was rated R if I remember correctly, and someone who is 35 would have had the last 17 years to enjoy a Conan film. I don't remember anything being even offered...

Quick google search show's one in 2011? I didn't hear anything about it :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Huh, how am I acting like my view should be everyone's? I'm making a logical assessment as to the viability of a Conan movie. Can't see the forest through the trees? So your view is correct but mine isn't? The age demographic is very important. When Disney does a movie it's high budget. They are not going to make a movie that has a very targeted demographic that would basically lose them money.

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Huh, how am I acting like my view should be everyone's? I'm making a logical assessment as to the viability of a Conan movie. Can't see the forest through the trees? So your view is correct but mine isn't? The age demographic is very important. When Disney does a movie it's high budget. They are not going to make a movie that has a very targeted demographic that would basically lose them money.

okay! I appreciate you and your opinion.:foryou: