• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,135 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, Brian48 said:

Just came in today.  I'm astounded interest in these early SSOCs, especially the ones with Boris covers are so overlooked and cheap

ssoc7.jpg.87228248048e7c49e27d2574269de3

Congrats - it's an awesome book! 

In case you have not done so, you can add your SSoC Boris collection to the Registry here:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=4381

Did get this one in 2018 for my Boris set, although it's not complete - but nice to see that CGC seems to love the great mags too!

Spoiler

1.JPG.4d6a18b6e63ebe6a1acea478a88ea5da.jpg.a750d6c28371e258bebb372b0742bf5b.jpg

I'm still looking for a 9.8 regarding #13 and #15, but no luck searching the first 5 (or more) years, sigh. With this speed I'll capture a unicorn or bigfoot before I get #13 and #15 in 9.8 :grin: 

Edited by Rune

On 2/17/2020 at 4:04 PM, Brian48 said:

Definitely a buyer's market out there for Conan fans.  Picked up this nice copy for only $13.50.   Some of Gil Kane's best work. 

GSConan4.jpg

I agree.  That's a great cover, and excellent Gil Kane inside.  Hope you have the previous issues, inked by Tom Sutton, which I think are even better.   I've just finished the Hour of the Dragon trade paperback collection, which has the complete REH 'Conan the Conqueror' adaptation that runs across the first four Giant-Sizes and two issues of SSOC, and with the Thomas-written sequels from two Conan Annuals.  Well-paced, classic Bronze Age sword-and-sorcery.

Edited by Ken Aldred