• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,125 posts in this topic

I have a pretty decent run. First conan read was like nearly 20 years ago :hi:

Here is a thumbnail on one of my favorite covers.

That was also the first I read. I have a stack of readers in my closet for enjoyment :)

Take a look over in Bronze at the thread about Elric in CTB 14 & 15. It has turned out to be a really great thread like this one.

Take a look over in Bronze at the thread about Elric in CTB 14 & 15. It has turned out to be a really great thread like this one.

I will - thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it.

Always loved Conan. It was the first comic I read on regular basis back in the day. I would sneak into my older brothers room to get them. I then went to the basement and read in private.

Picked this up awhile back....Powell and Conan :luhv:

conan28p8.jpg

Some fantastic stuff in this thread.

This is a nice piece. It screams Powell art, it reminds me of the Goon art style.

Always loved Conan. It was the first comic I read on regular basis back in the day. I would sneak into my older brothers room to get them. I then went to the basement and read in private.

Picked this up awhile back....Powell and Conan :luhv:

conan28p8.jpg

To all you Conan collectors out there, have you noticed any heavy rippling on your copies of issues 213-251? Every copy I have seen in the past few years is warped beyond belief, including my copies, which I trashed when I saw what happened to them. I thought it was ONLY my copies, until I started looking for replacements...

Here's a fun little recent pick up. This fanzine booklet from 1945 is one of the first times that Howard's work appears in book form, with his story "Garden of Fear" getting top billing. Also, it contains the Lovecraft story "Celephais."

GardenofFearfcsm.jpg

GardenofFearbcsm.jpg

While "Garden of Fear" was not originally a Conan story, Roy Thomas and BWS of course converted it into one for Conan #9:

Conan009NMfcsm.jpg

Here's a fun little recent pick up. This fanzine booklet from 1945 is one of the first times that Howard's work appears in book form, with his story "Garden of Fear" getting top billing. Also, it contains the Lovecraft story "Celephais."

GardenofFearfcsm.jpg

GardenofFearbcsm.jpg

While "Garden of Fear" was not originally a Conan story, Roy Thomas and BWS of course converted it into one for Conan #9:

Conan009NMfcsm.jpg

Fantastic!! :applause:

Heritage offered this book some years ago....perhaps I should have bid....