• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #300

2 posts in this topic

I have a copy of ASM #300 that has , for lack of better term, the 'rag-tag' edge from the printing press. It's a nice copy (NM) except for this. I know that this was pretty common on this issue (seen it on this forum before). My question is: has anyone sent one of these to CGC? How does this 'common' printing defect affect the grade? Did your book get a qualified label? Or did CGC downgrade the book because of this? Steve? Paul?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hi Chris.

That "rag-tag" edge is caused by the way it was cut during manufacturing and is a common defect for Amazing Spider-Man #300. We have graded many of them with that manufacturing defect. Because it is a manufacturing defect they have received blue "Universal" labels, unless they had restoration or a qualifier, and have received grades as high as 9.6 NM+. I hope that helps.