• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago

600 posts in this topic

How far of a walk is the River Road subway? I dread the thought of trying to park a full-size van downtown. Are any of you guys taking the subway to Venus on Friday night for Greek food?

You can take the subway to Greektown (well, pretty close anyway). You would get off at the UIC/Halsted exit and walk a few blocks.

How far of a walk is the River Road subway? I dread the thought of trying to park a full-size van downtown. Are any of you guys taking the subway to Venus on Friday night for Greek food?

I plan on taking the subway Mike. If we get a few more we'll have safety in numbers on our side.

I plan on taking the subway Mike. If we get a few more we'll have safety in numbers on our side.

Hey, let's do something original. We'll all get mickeys of Vodka and Rye in brown paper bags and tour Chicago via train.

hm

Seriously, I missed it last time but would love to take the train this year!

Hey, let's do something original. We'll all get mickeys of Vodka and Rye in brown paper bags and tour Chicago via train.

hm

So far I count at least 3 subway riders.

Detroit Mike

r1970d

joeypost

Any others? Add yourself to the list.

hm

Detroit Mike

r1970d

joeypost

Louise will come along with us.

(thumbs u

hm

Detroit Mike

r1970d

joeypost

Louise will come along with us.

I am starting a new thread.

(thumbs u

Weather forecast for T, F, S, S.

Thursday:

Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 86F and low 67F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Friday:

Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 84F and low 67F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday:

Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 87F and low 65F.

Sunday:

Mostly cloudy skies. High 83F and low 63F.

Thursday:

Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 86F and low 67F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Friday:

Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 84F and low 67F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday:

Sunday:

Typical weather this year. It's been really strange...lots of violent thunder storms and wind...We've had rain almost daily.

R.

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Typical weather this year. It's been really strange...lots of violent thunder storms and wind...We've had rain almost daily.

R.

Sounds like typical Florida weather. We had one storm last week, according to the news produced 1,400 lightning strikes.

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

R.

Sounds like typical Florida weather. We had one storm last week, according to the news produced 1,400 lightning strikes.

Dude, that was a nice size storm if im thinking about the same one you are talking about.

The one on Wednesday night was pretty decent.

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

R.

Dude, that was a nice size storm if im thinking about the same one you are talking about.

(thumbs u

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

R.

(thumbs u

Wed. night was impressive but the one Saturday afternoon put down the most water at once I've seen in about 5 years from a storm.

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

R.

(thumbs u

Wed. night was impressive but the one Saturday afternoon put down the most water at once I've seen in about 5 years from a storm.

The wind was driving the rain into my garage about 15 feet. I had to close the door it was so bad. Earlier that morning I was ripping some oak stock and had accumulated a fairly sizeable pile of sawdust in the driveway. After the rain i could not find a single dot anywhere. One of those pounding, scrubbing rains indeed. On the other hand we really need it, and could use a few more dozen storms like them.