• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,660 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2016 at 5:32 PM, the blob said:

you cannot see all of the punisher in any one of those panels. his foot is obscured! hence it is a cameo.

plus he's on the cover of 135!

What's his 3rd? CGC says it's giant size Spider-man 4. I suppose they don't count cameos?

2 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

IMG_20180314_190733.jpg

IMG_20180314_190931.jpg

IMG_20180314_191034.jpg

Great books!  I was always a big fan of that ASM 161 cover, but didn't really care for the 162 cover.  I remember buying 161 at the PX on base when we moved to Fort Benning, GA.  Loved the Nightcrawler in both these books, plus the Punisher, didn't get much better to this 10 year old.

33 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Great books!  I was always a big fan of that ASM 161 cover, but didn't really care for the 162 cover.  I remember buying 161 at the PX on base when we moved to Fort Benning, GA.  Loved the Nightcrawler in both these books, plus the Punisher, didn't get much better to this 10 year old.

Thanks man. Glad you liked them. Did you buy it when it was released back in 76? 

I think 161 is a little undervalued considering the cameos. It probably would be of more value had punisher been depicted on cover. I love the crawler he's my second favorite x-man behind the obvious wolvie. Stay tuned there might be another one tomorrow or soon.

Edited by MGsimba77

14 hours ago, DST said:

You’re accumulating quite the collection of 9.8 white pagers!  I’m a sucker for white pages, so I say WELL DONE SIR!!!

Thanks. I'm guilty of being a sucker for the whites as well! I'll accept some mis-wrapping off centering etc, in favor of what that label says. I know some will disagree but that's just what my preference is. Stay tuned there's more to come. Perhaps even a major key, say...in the medium term or so.