• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,660 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ft88 said:

Was watching reruns of the 70s Show and this happened. So many awesome props but they couldn’t afford Bronze?

C39CD788-76DD-4438-8945-281493DD8812.thumb.jpeg.9a7a65ced18018fe788796cf33454b04.jpeg

Attention to detail is a huge pet peeve I have with shows ... knowledge is there people - you don’t have to ask a question long to find an answer 

On 5/9/2019 at 1:13 PM, ft88 said:

Was watching reruns of the 70s Show and this happened. So many awesome props but they couldn’t afford Bronze?

C39CD788-76DD-4438-8945-281493DD8812.thumb.jpeg.9a7a65ced18018fe788796cf33454b04.jpeg

Were the comics a topic on this particular scene or was he just handling them as props?

On 9/30/2018 at 4:26 PM, JonnyVee said:

I’m just getting into building my ASM collection with some older isseus. Someone trying to sell this copy of 101 locally for $70. Thoughts? 

I’ve asked for a better picture. All of his images have a faded hazy look.

DBB6A970-5B73-42D5-84DB-7B712D7174A3.jpeg

Jonny I would wait on a better copy if I were you especially if you are going for a run and good luck. Welcome aboard the forum from a fellow Spidey fan.(thumbsu

10 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Niiice. I'm surprised they couldn't think of anything to say on the label hm

One of those that are just so awesome they speak for themselves I guess :nyah:

Actually the cbcs label had a a bunch of information on it including the full page ad it has for vampire tales I think. That's what I liked about the other guys

2 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

-QZHlHybz52FRBZAsr2I9PmspY2JVlW7p6cJUS5uosk8M10ZUFeBzniAf2PJB78aO_XPuj0Po0bQ=s1600

Another one of those Marvel Tales covers I like better than the original.

I actually like this original one better just for the simplicity. Also because it's older and he looks tini tinier here when Mysterio makes him think he's been miniaturized in a tiny little amusement park :roflmao:

Edited by MGsimba77

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, NP_Gresham said:

Been looking for an early Whitman ASM still in the bag for a while. Found a lot outside the 3 pack, but finally got a sealed 3 pack. 

F11C636E-0D40-4624-B0F5-2C12E5089183.jpeg

Very cool.  That ASM 169 was my first comic purchase off the rack.  What else is in there?

Edited by makeminemarvel

2 hours ago, makeminemarvel said:

Very cool.  That ASM 169 was my first comic purchase off the rack.  What else is in there?

Cap #210 and Super Villain Team-up #12

I have all 3 books as 35 cent variants in multiple, but these are my first in a 3 pack.  

My sense is the sealed  3 packs are less common than the 35 cent variants

20 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Actually the cbcs label had a a bunch of information on it including the full page ad it has for vampire tales I think. That's what I liked about the other guys

I actually like this original one better just for the simplicity. Also because it's older and he looks tini tinier here when Mysterio makes him think he's been miniaturized in a tiny little amusement park :roflmao:

I like the Marvel Tales version better now‼️‼️🆒 but I never noticed the difference before today😜😜😳🤔

Edited by FoggyNelson

46 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

I like the Marvel Tales version better now‼️‼️🆒 but I never noticed the difference before today😜😜😳🤔

There are a few Marvel Tales covers that are better IMHO, but for the most part I think I prefer the originals when the Marvel Tales issue went with a new cover.

5 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

There are a few Marvel Tales covers that are better IMHO, but for the most part I think I prefer the originals when the Marvel Tales issue went with a new cover.

MT 44 is sick! That spidey sketch has lived on

There's another one slightly older red cover with doc Ock that I love too

Edited by MGsimba77

On 5/20/2019 at 2:11 AM, MGsimba77 said:

I think the graders just got lazy. Or the label makers, if that's a role :bigsmile:

On 5/20/2019 at 2:11 AM, MGsimba77 said:

Me too. Don't mess with the originals!

On 5/12/2019 at 10:38 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Were the comics a topic on this particular scene or was he just handling them as props?

He made friends with a comic collector and then realized he was a stay at home nerd so he was having second thoughts on comic books.  So books in question weren't specific but the whole comic reading was.

13 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:
On 5/19/2019 at 9:11 PM, MGsimba77 said:

I think the graders just got lazy. Or the label makers, if that's a role :bigsmile:

Here's another MT I sent in for grading posted before. I don't think they notate any information on reprints. They should though. I also have #44 which reprints ASM 61 and they just notated "John Romita cover"

IMG_20190521_183859.jpg