• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,662 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

I felt like I had to spend a bit more than I wanted to, but this one was just so pretty, and this book has always brought back memories for me.

DSC04898.JPG

That one is actually more desirable than the Pacific coast copy you had asked about! 

I submitted a 9.6 cbcs for a crossover that I thought had a shot at upgrade but I knew it was an outside shot because of those pesky little spine ticks on the back spine that are barely visible :pullhair:. I've seen 9.8s with more color break than my 9.6. Anyone claiming that grading is not strict anymore is full of it!

Edited by MGsimba77

5 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

That one is actually more desirable than the Pacific coast copy you had asked about! 

I submitted a 9.6 cbcs for a crossover that I thought had a shot at upgrade but I knew it was an outside shot because of those pesky little spine ticks on the back spine that are barely visible :pullhair:. I've seen 9.8s with more color break than my 9.6. Anyone claiming that grading is not strict anymore is full of it!

Thanks...(thumbsu

Someone had one graded at 9.8 this month. The census went up to 14 -9.8s.

I just happened to see it on ebay today (auction :popcorn:) , and it's white pages too. I'll be watching to see how close it comes to, or if it passes, that $5K comiclink sale.

7 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

Thanks...(thumbsu

Someone had one graded at 9.8 this month. The census went up to 14 -9.8s.

I just happened to see it on ebay today (auction :popcorn:) , and it's white pages too. I'll be watching to see how close it comes to, or if it passes, that $5K comiclink sale.

You know what the funny thing is about OCD...that marvel banner being even a bit misaligned on that 9.8 would bug the heck out of me lol. Believe it or not I'd rather have yours over that one. Just goes to show how weird I am about eye appeal. I'd rather have a small white border so long as the banner is aligned. Crazy hobby :S

1 minute ago, MGsimba77 said:

I mean like... 

RCO009_1469503363.jpg

ASM149_GwenPromise.jpg

There's a page I read a fair few times as a kid. I swear if Warren wasn't in sight I'd have shot me bolt and missed the turkey. 

16 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

DSC05114.JPG

They're comparatively hard to find aren't they, especially in high grade. Great alternative cover isn't it. I remember my old copy was covered in blue ink spray. And it wasn't a 9.2!

29 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They're comparatively hard to find aren't they, especially in high grade. Great alternative cover isn't it. I remember my old copy was covered in blue ink spray. And it wasn't a 9.2!

Believe it or not, there is only one CGC graded copy of #34. 

It's a 9.8.

To get a nicer looking wrap than the #35 9.8s that I've seen, with white pages, really surprised me.

(thumbsu

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes, do think that's a pretty neat cover.