• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,660 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Is the census low because they printed less of these MTs or are they less sought after? Maybe both? I would imagine since they're reprints people are not as interested in submitting them. 

IMO certainly less sought after. I did see an MT 35 9.8 sell for a very high price, less than what Greg Reece has one listed for on ebay.

What's the sense in submitting 9.2 #35s when there is only 1 or 2 lunatics out there chasing them for some sentimental reason, and you have to list them at $50?

:acclaim:

That #35 looks to be a slab, press and clean away from a $50 golden ticket. (thumbsu

Honestly, if I had seen the one I bought, while it was here on the boards, listed at the $75 it was, I would have jumped all over it.

I stopped getting emails from ebay on books I wanted. That probably cost me grabbing the x-men 76, also a reprint, white paged 9.0 for $115 that sold a couple of weeks ago.

I'll never pay big bucks for a 9.2, but every once in a while, I barely miss the one that i would take. doh!

My copy is the Tremont, and I think best case it will be a VF if I slab it. I may just have to try.

My goal is always 9 or better.

So they announced the Gibbon in MCU phase 4 in 2022. Anyone interested in asm 110 111 may want to strike now before the arrows go up. Someone posted an asm 110 9.8 on this or the other bronze collecting thread but I can't find it. Anyway great move by whomever that was! 

On 7/22/2019 at 6:39 AM, MGsimba77 said:

So they announced the Gibbon in MCU phase 4 in 2022. Anyone interested in asm 110 111 may want to strike now before the arrows go up. Someone posted an asm 110 9.8 on this or the other bronze collecting thread but I can't find it. Anyway great move by whomever that was! 

1D06C617-D589-46F6-BE88-93BCAB51EDB1.jpeg

2BBD9DA5-38F3-4B12-AFAD-B636273105F6.jpeg

On 6/29/2019 at 8:14 AM, sledgehammer said:

That #35 looks to be a slab, press and clean away from a $50 golden ticket. (thumbsu

Honestly, if I had seen the one I bought, while it was here on the boards, listed at the $75 it was, I would have jumped all over it.

I stopped getting emails from ebay on books I wanted. That probably cost me grabbing the x-men 76, also a reprint, white paged 9.0 for $115 that sold a couple of weeks ago.

I'll never pay big bucks for a 9.2, but every once in a while, I barely miss the one that i would take. doh!

My copy is the Tremont, and I think best case it will be a VF if I slab it. I may just have to try.

My goal is always 9 or better.

I would have accepted an offer :shy:

Edited by djpinkpanther67

I was pretty p'od that I didn't look closely enough at the scan of this pressed to oblivion ASM 9.0 128, so I pulled the trigger on a bit of an upgrade.

Honestly, 128 was just one of my favorites when I was a kid. Second photo is the recent additions. The 102 is a 9.0 white.

:cloud9:

102  9.0.jpg

128.jpg

Edited by sledgehammer

1 hour ago, sledgehammer said:

I was pretty p'od that I didn't look closely enough at the scan of this pressed to oblivion ASM 9.0 128, so I pulled the trigger on a bit of an upgrade

Are you referring to what looks like a bit of page separation on the 9.0? I don't know that pressing would have caused that.

Yeah that 9.8 is dynamite! I have a 9.8 but it's not a white like yours

Edited by MGsimba77

On 8/2/2019 at 4:10 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Are you referring to what looks like a bit of page separation on the 9.0? I don't know that pressing would have caused that.

Yeah that 9.8 is dynamite! I have a 9.8 but it's not a white like yours

The back cover is flush with the edge of the pages. I really think it's a bad press. A color breaking crease upper left corner is very flat too. hm

I'll be staring at this 128 for many years. (thumbsu

Edited by sledgehammer