• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,663 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Nice copy there. Ya I am a sicker for ock myself. My first silver age asm I got in 2013 was issue 55. And ock, goblin are some of my favorite classic foes of spidey.

Lol

Yes I own the 2nd appearance, it's not easy on the wallet, but it is easy on the eyes, lucky to get a well presenting copy with good colors.... not bronze so in spoiler, but I love doc oct!

Spoiler

3642137_Full_Obv.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Nice ya like 5 years ago I got a low grade first ock #3. That came to shop I go to and I hem and hew for a bit then grab it. As when would I ever be able to ahold another higher grade.

Reveal hidden contents

476192409_2014-08-2017_26_14.jpg.93a445cb4b7457c535da29e585de7dac.jpg

Oct! I feel you 

I thought the same about 1st electro and 1st mysterio.....

There were two raw copies online at LCS and I let them pass at their 2.0 3.0 's

Still too late on them, but i admire yours, cause it's a major spidey villain 

I mean how else if not the hero himself will you be able to own a significant book. None more than the early than the villains for sure!

Totally 3 is my earliest then next is 21. I got like 3/4 goblin appearance. I got like 2 or 3 lizard. Then out of other villains from silver age I have first Spencer Smythe and spider slayers #25 (I want to upgrade as past owner rip some of cover off when selling it due to tape). Then next big foe first I have is shocker.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:10 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Probably not the thread to ask this in but does anyone know if the OA to this was ever put up for sale?  Spider-man: Rock Reflections Of A Superhero by Various artists on Amazon  Music - Amazon.com

Never seen this before, much less the OA , but it is a great cover👍‼️

36 minutes ago, jr70 said:

So I waited and finally a high grade one crossed my path. I’ve always enjoyed this title and even had a subscription to it way back when. I had a lower grade one I picked up in the early 80s. I looked for years for a nice raw one but....  since I’ve embraced my inner slab buyer I saw a few 9.6’s but should’ve struck. Been waiting for a while and boom!

3CC8CF55-F9DD-4E5D-BE6B-26DA0CA64C53.jpeg

One of my favorites. 

10 hours ago, jr70 said:

So I waited and finally a high grade one crossed my path. I’ve always enjoyed this title and even had a subscription to it way back when. I had a lower grade one I picked up in the early 80s. I looked for years for a nice raw one but....  since I’ve embraced my inner slab buyer I saw a few 9.6’s but should’ve struck. Been waiting for a while and boom!

3CC8CF55-F9DD-4E5D-BE6B-26DA0CA64C53.jpeg

I always found that book hard to find in high grade.  I never owned a great copy like this one.  Congrats.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:45 PM, sledgehammer said:

Someone popped a $3,900 BIN on an MCS's  9.2 OW/W ASM 129 yesterday.

I'm  so amazed anyone ever auctions on Ebay anymore.

Sometimes people get selling promotions on Ebay. I've had BIN listings on a few non Ebay places at the same time as Ebay. They got way more attention on Ebay. As far as running an auction I'd agree with avoiding Ebay. That being said there have been solid auction results on the bay recently just like everywhere else.