• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,660 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, profholt82 said:

It's been a huge couple of weeks for my Spidey collection, very exciting. I picked up a few favorites that I've longed for since I started collecting as a kid. I decided that it was time to go after them, and now that they're all here, I'm very happy that I did. Here are the latest additions:

20210301-154429.jpg

20210301-154500.jpg

Those look sweet! Primed for perfection grades :x well centered all that and a bag of Doritios! :tink: 

3 hours ago, profholt82 said:

It's been a huge couple of weeks for my Spidey collection, very exciting. I picked up a few favorites that I've longed for since I started collecting as a kid. I decided that it was time to go after them, and now that they're all here, I'm very happy that I did. Here are the latest additions:

20210301-154429.jpg

:tink:

20210301_185904.jpg

53 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

This might of been the first spidey cover I ever saw maybe the first spidey related comic at all. An old reader copy (I still have) was sitting on top of my cousin's stack of comics around 1986 or so. I found it so damn cool I couldn't resist but to put my hands on it and some other Cap stuff he had. He wasn't there so I just went ahead and dove in :devil:. He wuda been none too pleased to find me flipping through his stash lol. This cover served as my gateway into comics :cloud9:

20210301_190040.jpg

That's classic Romita.

19 hours ago, profholt82 said:

20210301-154429.jpg

20210301-154500.jpg

That’s some classic Bronze Age goodness right there. Congrats!

19 hours ago, bababooey said:

:tink:

20210301_185904.jpg

I'm down to one book missing from my 100-150 run, and it's 121.

Bought a ton of mine from @Jordysnordy, and it kills me that I missed his 9.2. Very nicely priced two years ago.  :cry:

I like the copies better, like this one, that show some webbing at the top.

I passed on one that the Romita signature wasn't visible in front.

Latest pick-up was this.

137 front  2.jpg

Edited by sledgehammer

1 hour ago, sledgehammer said:

I'm down to one book missing from my 100-150 run, and it's 121.

Bought a ton of mine from @Jordysnordy, and it kills me that I missed his 9.2. Very nicely priced two years ago.  :cry:

I like the copies better, like this one, that show some webbing at the top.

I passed on one that the Romita signature wasn't visible in front.

Latest pick-up was this.

137 front  2.jpg

I miss my 121 too - it was a beautiful copy that took me a long time to find.

ASM 121 92.jpg