• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,660 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

I don't usually need a 9.6.

I was having trouble finding a 9.2 #106 that I wanted. So many have wraps I hate.

Pulled the trigger on this a few months ago, and a current ebay auction for a 9.2 tells me 'good call". :cloud9:

106.jpeg

Was that the Clink auction copy? This issue doesn't come up every day!

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Paper route money. 

315E99C9-D02E-4479-975A-5063FC117781.jpeg

I remember my older brother and I buying two copies of this off the stands in late summer of 1975, because we knew it would be a collector's item.  :banana::facepalm:

It never really took off, but it will always be a fondly remembered issue due to that fact.

I remember buying that one too. I was a Chicago south side kid, and that was the summer that I discovered Joe Sarno's nostalgia shop on the north side.

The first back issue I (my Dad) ever bought was from Joe.

I think it was about $1.50 for what was probably a VG- copy of ASM #40.

It was absolutely heaven for an 11 year old kid.

:cloud9:

Edited by sledgehammer

Does anyone remember what the ASM89 9.8 hammered on the Pedigree comics auction couple weeks ago? It was a well centered WP copy. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere even if I Google it. Damn it...I should have bookmarked it!