• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,662 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2020 at 5:11 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Elaborate on how you met?

Oh, I just had him do a sketch for me in his art book that I bought at the 2006 NYC ComicCon.  His wife was so nice too.

I think she could tell I was moved by the meeting and said some nice words.

I'll post my sketch when I get a chance.

On 1/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, jimjum12 said:

I finally decided to just keep this book from a collection I've been selling for a friend. I remember buying this one off the rack and was a favorite storyline. It's not a key, but it's just so fresh.... it couldn't have been any nicer when it was brand new..... :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

ASM 103a.JPG

I love ❤️This cover👍👍

On 6/10/2019 at 5:05 AM, sledgehammer said:

That's very pretty.  I never should have sold my run ten years ago. My 9.2 White back then rivaled your 9.4. At least I can still look at the scan on my computer.

doh!

This time I've really avoided OW books, but most of the wraps are as pretty as the run that I sold back then.

Oh, the 104 that I used to have.

Even now, I spot a few of the OW-W books that I'll be looking to upgrade.

This made my day.

My old label #104 that I sold ten years ago, went on sale today, and I grabbed it.

I'm spending too much money on bronze ASM again this winter. A  nice 113 9.0, along with an old label Annual #9 9.2 white, and ASM 10, 16, 40, 50 and 76.

My goal was piecing together my old NM- 100-151 run. I gave up on an ASM 129 9.0 I bought last year that had foxing and just didn't like, so I'm down to 106, 121, 129, 137, 138 and 151.

asm 104  9.2 MY OLD COPY.jpg

Now that I look at my old scan, I'm hoping it hasn't been sitting in the sun for ten years.

:fear:

104 my scan.jpg

Edited by sledgehammer

7 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

There have been so few 9.2 sales of 104 the last few years, and no live listings of 106 on GPA.

This may take a while.

:preach:

I saw a 9.2 #106 on comicconnect. I saw another on Ebay but it was coupled with a 105. Just search for "Amazing spider-man #106" itll come up on Ebay

Edited by MGsimba77

13 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

No CGC graded on ebay, but thanks for the CC head's up.

I'm too anal about wraps.

Here's my old...sold...OW 9.0.

:frown:

I paid about $80 for it about 13 years ago.

I'd go for that 9.2 if the wrap was nice.

old 106.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114067655905

Well if you didn't like the CC one I don't know if you'll like this one. You sure you don't like the CC? Looks great to me

50 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114067655905

Well if you didn't like the CC one I don't know if you'll like this one. You sure you don't like the CC? Looks great to me

Thanks. Didn't come up in my search.

i do like the CC book better than this one, just not enough at the price point.

I get why that's hard to understand, it's pretty. 

I love my new king size annual 9. I'll post some photos when they come in.

I hope the 104 is not as yellow as it looks.

I'll probably have about 15 to reholder soon.

20 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

One of the issues that changed comics forever. G.Lantern followed 

20200330_151501.jpg

That's a beauty my friend.  I always loved ASM covers that had yellow backgrounds, and this is one my favorites.  I used to have a really nice copy of this one too, just not signed by Mr. Romita.

2 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

That's a beauty my friend.  I always loved ASM covers that had yellow backgrounds, and this is one my favorites.  I used to have a really nice copy of this one too, just not signed by Mr. Romita.

Hey thanks buddy! I think maybe the clownish way the drug dealers were drawn in #96 was marvel's attempt to dissuade young readers (shrug)Especially the blonde one with the mustache. I mean c'mon...didn't he look like a real winner (thumbsu