• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,662 posts in this topic

Gibbon... kinda ranks right up there with Kangaroo. Regardless, those are some heavy hitting books you've got there WB :grin:

Thanks Mac Man but my heavy hitters start with

AmazingSpider-Man121CGC9.jpg

and end with

AmazingSpider-Man122CGC9.jpg

Good god. (worship) That 121 looks so nice, I'd accuse you of photo-shop fraud if you were any less reputable.

Good god. (worship) That 121 looks so nice, I'd accuse you of photo-shop fraud if you were any less reputable.

lol It is the first copy of 121 to get a 9.8 and honestly it is the nicest 9.8 I've ever seen and I own hundreds of them. I think if it wasn't the first one CGC had seen, it might have got a 9.9. The 122 was also the first to get a 9.8.

I am working on a deal right now for some sweet bronze Spideys that I hope to get next month but that will probably be it for a while. My comic budget is pretty much at zero for a while.

lol Though I suspect our budgets normally look a bit different at full-strength, I hear you. Which Spideys are you picking up?

134, 135, 136, 137, 147, 148, 149, 168, 186, 187, 189, 191 & 197.

And as for you Dr. Watson. I do have a nice ungraded 129. One of my goals for 2008 is to get it graded and I'll post it here when I do. It is a nice NM+/NM/M book but it has some distributor overspray - not sure how much that will knock it down.

Nipples. :gossip:

I am working on a deal right now for some sweet bronze Spideys that I hope to get next month but that will probably be it for a while. My comic budget is pretty much at zero for a while.

lol Though I suspect our budgets normally look a bit different at full-strength, I hear you. Which Spideys are you picking up?

And as for you Dr. Watson. I do have a nice ungraded 129. One of my goals for 2008 is to get it graded and I'll post it here when I do. It is a nice NM+/NM/M book but it has some distributor overspray - not sure how much that will knock it down.

(worship)

Nipples. :gossip:

lol:hi:

WB...did you submit the 121 and 122 yourself and just hit two homeruns or did you buy them already slabbed. I dont have GPA and cant imagine what those figures would be for those two. NICE COMICS!!! (worship)

WB...did you submit the 121 and 122 yourself and just hit two homeruns or did you buy them already slabbed. I dont have GPA and cant imagine what those figures would be for those two. NICE COMICS!!! (worship)

I bought them slabbed back in 2006. It was a private sale so it won't be in GPA but I believe the owner that I got them from bought both off Heritage back in the day so those sales may be on GPA.

These two particular copies were grails of mine because they were originally a pair.

I bought them slabbed back in 2006. It was a private sale so it won't be in GPA but I believe the owner that I got them from bought both off Heritage back in the day so those sales may be on GPA.

These two particular copies were grails of mine because they were originally a pair.

Moondog found these books and had them encapsulated, if I am not mistaken.

Moondog found these books and had them encapsulated, if I am not mistaken.

WOW!!! Bought them graded 9.8 slabbed. :o You roll DEEP!!!! (worship)

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

WOW!!! Bought them in those graded 9.8 slabbed. :o You used to roll DEEP!!!! (worship)

Fixed that :)

I actually funded these with the sale of my Harley. I got married four years ago and it worried my wife too much when I rode, especially when my son was born.

Nowadays, I am mainly pecking away at a few runs like pre-Unity Valiants and X-Men 201-250. I did just recently finish a nice X-Men 94-143 run. Spidey 100-200 is my next big project but I don't expect to add more than a few books this first year.

WOW!!! Bought them in those graded 9.8 slabbed. :o You used to roll DEEP!!!! (worship)

Fixed that :)

I actually funded these with the sale of my Harley. I go married four years ago and it worried my wife too much when I rode, especially when my son was born.

Nowadays, I am mainly pecking away at a few runs like pre-Unity Valiants and X-Men 201-250. I did just recently finish a nice X-Men 94-143 run. Spidey 100-200 is my next big project but I don't expect to add more than a few books this first year.

Steve on a Harley! That explains your hair. lol

GPA on those books is insane...

ASM 121 - 6 sales since 12/2002

$6612

$6612

$4000

$5500

$4750

$4481

ASM 122 - 3 sales since 12/2002

$6612

$5635

$5750

:o Those numbers are nuts! Thanks for the numbers jeff!!! (worship) Makes me love my CGC 8.0 copies of those two comics even more. Those comics you have WB are NO JOKE!!!!!

Yeah, I spent a little extra money on my copies of ASM 121 and 122. There's an LCS that typically only sells at OSPG, but they are good to buy from since they ALWAYS undergrade. He had 'em graded around FN, but they sit closer to a FN/VF to VF-. These puppies are some of the real gems in my collection.