• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,665 posts in this topic

Thanks. More junk! Love these because they remind me of when I bought them all of the rack back in the day.

A223TC.jpg

A217TC.jpg

A215TC.jpg

A214TC.jpg

A213tc.jpg

A190tc.jpg

Great stuff and not junk! The Amazing Spider-man is the benchmark for comic books, and is in that 5 percent of comics that are something special! :cloud9:

It`s the other 95 percent that is junk! ;)

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Maybe a Copper Spidey in the bunch but what the heck close enough:

That's a nice haul, I could only justify pulling a couple from what was available. I'm a little unhappy with the 194. The right front edge of the middle part of the cover is rougher than the 9.6 I just sold. The 298 was an upgrade to my 9.6 copy.

ASM194.jpg

ASM298.jpg

Recently back from CGC, the lone 9.8 SS copy.

ASM189CGCss.jpg

Now that's a nice signature, it almost blends into the image. I hate when a big, fat, black sharpie is used to scrawl all over the art, it's kind of a turn off for me and makes the book less desirable.

asm161suscha.jpg

I will always have a special place in my heart for this issue. It was one of my first books that I bought as a kid when I moved from Hawaii to Georgia. Also my first exposure to the X-Men as well.

Love this cover, but anyone else bothered by the fact that the far side of the Ferris Wheel is incomplete? It just disappears. (shrug)

I never noticed the ferris wheel, neat. Yeah this cover is the bomb, had to have it.

Is the Amazing Spider-Man logo orginal? I ask because on the original art, Spider-Man's foot is behind the letter "M" and on the published cover, it is in front of it.

Got a few books signed by Len Wein at the Dallas comicon this past weekend, including the entire #176-180 Green Goblin storyline. I didn't scan them all in, but here is a representative sample since this thread needed a bump.

ASM177sign.jpg