• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,662 posts in this topic

Very nice book. This book used to be a passion of mine. At one time I had five copies, plus one of the three known stickered copies. I sent CGC some information on it, such that they could label it correctly, but it fell on deaf ears apparently.

This thread needs a bump. Just picked this beauty up for boardie HighVoltage. I've waited a long time for my keeper, and I couldn't be more thrilled with this copy. It is maybe prettier in hand than it is in this scan.

ASM100F_zps3fc8976c.jpg

Also recently got this one back from the Masters 5 signing, thanks Sean! I don't have a ton of signed Bronze Spideys, but every once in a while there is an opportunity that makes sense to do.

ASM177CGCss.jpg

ASM177CGCss.jpg

I was wondering why Joe SInnott signed your ASM 177 but then I noticed the CGC label. I never knew Joe inked that cover, or really any ASM work (I do see him listed on a couple of credits on one site). Guess you still can learn something every day.

Edited by Spider-Variant

ASM177CGCss.jpg

I was wondering why Joe SInnott signed your ASM 177 but then I noticed the CGC label. I never knew Joe inked that cover, or really any ASM work (I do see him listed on a couple of credits on one site). Guess you still can learn something every day.

I like how the guy is pointing at Joe Sinnott's signature.

"How are we going to stop... HIM?! JOE SINNOTT?!"

ASM177CGCss.jpg

lol Yeah, he inked that cover and also worked on #178 and #210 that I know of. If you're reaching for a book for him to sign he also did a pin-up in #350. My SS focus is to get as many individual creators that worked on ASM as I can. Getting someone like Sinnott is a no-brainer. Unfortunately lots of the greats never worked on ASM, so if I want them in my collection I'll have to expand my focus (which I'm loathe to do as this hobby is expensive enough already!).

ASM177CGCss.jpg

lol Yeah, he inked that cover and also worked on #178 and #210 that I know of. If you're reaching for a book for him to sign he also did a pin-up in #350. My SS focus is to get as many individual creators that worked on ASM as I can. Getting someone like Sinnott is a no-brainer. Unfortunately lots of the greats never worked on ASM, so if I want them in my collection I'll have to expand my focus (which I'm loathe to do as this hobby is expensive enough already!).

That was one great book.I remember getting that book off the stands,and reading it till the pages were frayed. :cloud9: