Bronze-Age Spideys
7 7

796 posts in this topic

1,238 posts

Is the census low because they printed less of these MTs or are they less sought after? Maybe both? I would imagine since they're reprints people are not as interested in submitting them. 

539 posts
23 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Is the census low because they printed less of these MTs or are they less sought after? Maybe both? I would imagine since they're reprints people are not as interested in submitting them. 

IMO certainly less sought after. I did see an MT 35 9.8 sell for a very high price, less than what Greg Reece has one listed for on ebay.

What's the sense in submitting 9.2 #35s when there is only 1 or 2 lunatics out there chasing them for some sentimental reason, and you have to list them at $50?

:acclaim:

2,801 posts

Made me dig two of mine out. 35 is nicer than the 34. Might be reprints but they are original covers, no?  At least I got em out of the yellowing bags. 

35860755-AA87-4EB9-8C03-80C0F3E922EF.jpeg

12BAB884-C8C4-4E8C-BFC4-D664307525A7.jpeg

D638F5A1-D338-4D34-8764-CCD59BC836B1.jpeg

87F09600-C8D5-4CAD-A9DE-80E7A1A124C2.jpeg

539 posts

That #35 looks to be a slab, press and clean away from a $50 golden ticket. (thumbsu

Honestly, if I had seen the one I bought, while it was here on the boards, listed at the $75 it was, I would have jumped all over it.

I stopped getting emails from ebay on books I wanted. That probably cost me grabbing the x-men 76, also a reprint, white paged 9.0 for $115 that sold a couple of weeks ago.

I'll never pay big bucks for a 9.2, but every once in a while, I barely miss the one that i would take. doh!

My copy is the Tremont, and I think best case it will be a VF if I slab it. I may just have to try.

My goal is always 9 or better.

1,238 posts

So they announced the Gibbon in MCU phase 4 in 2022. Anyone interested in asm 110 111 may want to strike now before the arrows go up. Someone posted an asm 110 9.8 on this or the other bronze collecting thread but I can't find it. Anyway great move by whomever that was! 

2,801 posts
On 7/22/2019 at 6:39 AM, MGsimba77 said:

So they announced the Gibbon in MCU phase 4 in 2022. Anyone interested in asm 110 111 may want to strike now before the arrows go up. Someone posted an asm 110 9.8 on this or the other bronze collecting thread but I can't find it. Anyway great move by whomever that was! 

1D06C617-D589-46F6-BE88-93BCAB51EDB1.jpeg

2BBD9DA5-38F3-4B12-AFAD-B636273105F6.jpeg

539 posts
Posted (edited)

What? I bought these recently, and it might turn out for once that I bought a book for my run before the price went crazy?

Tenth anniversary issue of AF 15.

One cover.  Regular price.

lol

:cloud9:111.jpg.1645e59606f17739097fc38aca959a2a.jpg

110.jpg

Edited by sledgehammer

3,030 posts

Love that ASM 111.  Must have read my older brother's copy hundreds of times in my youth.  John Romita was at his prime during this period. 

1,238 posts

110 is one id most love a Stan signature angled between Gibbons hand and spidey's leg in black

539 posts
8 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Love that ASM 111.  Must have read my older brother's copy hundreds of times in my youth.  John Romita was at his prime during this period. 

I've said it before. Every single panel of that comic book is a work of art.

If anyone doesn't have that issue, just search spider man 111 on youtube.

Stunning is what I would call Romita's faces....especially Gwen. :luhv:

Awesome.

(thumbsu

13,046 posts
Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2019 at 8:14 AM, sledgehammer said:

That #35 looks to be a slab, press and clean away from a $50 golden ticket. (thumbsu

Honestly, if I had seen the one I bought, while it was here on the boards, listed at the $75 it was, I would have jumped all over it.

I stopped getting emails from ebay on books I wanted. That probably cost me grabbing the x-men 76, also a reprint, white paged 9.0 for $115 that sold a couple of weeks ago.

I'll never pay big bucks for a 9.2, but every once in a while, I barely miss the one that i would take. doh!

My copy is the Tremont, and I think best case it will be a VF if I slab it. I may just have to try.

My goal is always 9 or better.

I would have accepted an offer :shy:

Edited by djpinkpanther67

7,747 posts

I thought I was alone in loving ASM 110 and 111! Good to hear.

539 posts

I was pretty p'od that I didn't look closely enough at the scan of this pressed to oblivion ASM 9.0 128, so I pulled the trigger on a bit of an upgrade.

Honestly, 128 was just one of my favorites when I was a kid. Second photo is the recent additions. The 102 is a 9.0 white.

:cloud9:

128.jpg

DSC05170.JPG

1,238 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sledgehammer said:

I was pretty p'od that I didn't look closely enough at the scan of this pressed to oblivion ASM 9.0 128, so I pulled the trigger on a bit of an upgrade

Are you referring to what looks like a bit of page separation on the 9.0? I don't know that pressing would have caused that.

Yeah that 9.8 is dynamite! I have a 9.8 but it's not a white like yours

Edited by MGsimba77

539 posts
27 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Are you referring to what looks like a bit of page separation on the 9.0? I don't know that pressing would have caused that.

Yeah that 9.8 is dynamite! I have a 9.8 but it's not a white like yours

The back cover is flush with the edge of the pages. I really think it's a bad press. A color breaking crease upper left corner is very flat too. hm

I'll be staring at this 128 for many years. (thumbsu

DSC05189.JPG