• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Top Prize Thread

59 posts in this topic

It's called racism.

It's called racism.

Cap - I really reall enjoy your threads but have to say something here - as a Sicilian I can relate to many points of racism as it has been practiced in modern day United States. I have a mix of every "race" in me. Sicily was a strategic point that was attractive to many hordes and invaders. And it is apparant, especially from my family photos from decades if not almost a century ago, that popular pre-concpetions of "racism" still exists in this humble self, because I could hold a contest of the photos opf my ancestors and call it "Are these people American Indian, Black, Irish, Italian, Hindi etc etc etc.

Some folks ask me if I am from India. Others ask me if I am from Italy. Others ask me if I am from Russia. Still others ask me if I am from "Arabia" (where ever the heck THAT is) and then again, another contigent asks me if I am from "the Middle East" - whatever the heck (yes, again) THAT is supposed to be) and yet others ask me if I am from Japan. And a few more I have forgotten along the way.

Because the ignorance of race and culture still exists to this day, to accuse a comic book from the 40's and 50's of "racism" means someone probably is sufficiently insulated from such judgements that it is obvious to THEM that a 40's-50's comic is representative of an antiquated perception of a person's origins...aka "racism".

Wel, I grant you, a fair skinned, probably blue-eyed and blodne in "Africa" (which is a freaking CONTINENT with all manner of races inhapitating it) should be suspect.

But I am, in theory, "Italian" and yet - have had broken hands in fights over those who have sen me as anything other than "pure white".

Racism exists to this day, obviously, but it is FAR more insidious and FAR more ludicrous than the PC folk allow!

And you know what? I LOVE my "diversty" ::gag on that word). But seriously - I LOVE the fact that I am a mix of a variety of genetics. And so what is a jungle hero or heroine in Africa was blonde or red headed or whatever. We can apply the same ultra-strict study to any GA/ BA/SA/MA comic book character and damn them to Gehenna!

Hey beyonder

Wanna Trade...145 for 72 ? laugh.gif

I have a 9.8 Shanna 1, Kazar 1 and a 9.6 Jungle Action #1... Sheena seems to fit my collection... looks like Shanna too (even though she's both blonde and a redhead depending on the book.. I guess they have Clairol in the jungle)... same outift even

893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

it did say DiceX before...didn't it? 893whatthe.gif

Big whoop. I made a typo because I saw DiceX's name in the below thread and had it on the brain. I quickly edited it.

I'll assume that's a decline

sorry.gif

oh yeah - I have typos - I would have corrected them but - ell - I am SPELLING BEE! grin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif
Ummmmm....what did you send me? frown.gif

DAMMIT Greggy I TOLD you work has been hell and I will get your books to you. Jezze. Had you recieved them a week ago you probably would have given them a 45 second leaf through and a 45 minute perusal on ebay to see what you can sell them for! At least now, with my shipping day being tomorrow (Saturday) you can re-live the fantasy! And you KNOW how much fantasies can cost nowadays!)

PS - hi.gif

Hey beyonder

Wanna Trade...145 for 72 ? laugh.gif

I have a 9.8 Shanna 1, Kazar 1 and a 9.6 Jungle Action #1... Sheena seems to fit my collection... looks like Shanna too (even though she's both blonde and a redhead depending on the book.. I guess they have Clairol in the jungle)... same outift even

893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

it did say DiceX before...didn't it? 893whatthe.gif

Big whoop. I made a typo because I saw DiceX's name in the below thread and had it on the brain. I quickly edited it.

I'll assume that's a decline

sorry.gif

sign-offtopic.gif Please post a scan of your Jungle Action # 1 thumbsup2.gif

POV.......please verify the book I won. confused.gif

oh yeah - I have typos - I would have corrected them but - ell - I am SPELLING BEE! grin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif
Ummmmm....what did you send me? frown.gif

DAMMIT Greggy I TOLD you work has been hell and I will get your books to you. Jezze. Had you recieved them a week ago you probably would have given them a 45 second leaf through and a 45 minute perusal on ebay to see what you can sell them for! At least now, with my shipping day being tomorrow (Saturday) you can re-live the fantasy! And you KNOW how much fantasies can cost nowadays!)

PS - hi.gif

OK...what will you send me? I would have enjoyed the 145! 893frustrated.gif

BTW....screw you hippie! 27_laughing.gif

Yes! Spelling Bee! The unnatural, uncarbonated, unholy byproduct of a long-forgotten night of passion between and betwixt the once-mightee, now-aged Golden Age Golden Oldie "Quilting Bee" and his flingful star-crossed lover... Aunt Bea!

What was greggy's assrape price on it? As I recall, I have a nice raw copy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let's see it. Not " greggy's assrape ".......... the raw copy. insane.gif

flowerred.gif

Alright, alright, give me a second to scan it.

Now, what was his price? I can just ask him if you don't tell me flowerred.gif

It's not a 9.6 though. Might be a 9.4. I'll scan #2 as well, it's in the same range.

Yes! Spelling Bee! The unnatural, uncarbonated, unholy byproduct of a long-forgotten night of passion between and betwixt the once-mightee, now-aged Golden Age Golden Oldie "Quilting Bee" and his flingful star-crossed lover... Aunt Bea!

Leave it to Khaos to put things in perspective - man! QUILTING BEE was absolutely AMAZING! You should have SEEN how she used those quilting things! They are NOT just for skeins of wool! And Aunt Bea? Well, let's just say that Andy and Barney took an AWFUL lot for granted. I mean, did it REALLY take her an entire episode to cook a roast? Oh my no! She was cooking all right - but not just a roast! %ÆŸ{:in: thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Leave it to Khaos to put things in perspective - man! QUILTING BEE was absolutely AMAZING! You should have SEEN how she used those quilting things! They are NOT just for skeins of wool! And Aunt Bea? Well, let's just say that Andy and Barney took an AWFUL lot for granted. I mean, did it REALLY take her an entire episode to cook a roast? Oh my no! She was cooking all right - but not just a roast! %ÆŸ{:in: thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Why, by my calculations YOU were a little roast in her oven! ...probably could have left you in to cook a bit longer though... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Have some friggin patience! wink.gif Neither have any surface imperfections at all - look damn spiffy when shined in the light! thumbsup2.gif Probable 9.4 #2. #1 I would also say 9.4 with a possibility of 9.2

1.jpg

2.jpg