• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Top Prize Thread

59 posts in this topic

OK - no one followed instructions but fortunately everyone got something that wanted as follows:

Bronze Bruce - Jungle 72

Flying Dunut - Jungle 145

The Beyonder - Jungle 116

Joanna - Jumbo 93

Phew - and no one listed all four as their first to last picks and dagnabbit but I had to shoot a PM or two to get an address! foreheadslap.gif893frustrated.gif

But you know? It is one of the charms of this board - immedicacy of the moment! Luckily all was sorted out. As I have to hit the PO with Greggy's overdue books (and they cost him nothing so don't let him scam you into false sympathy) I will also hit the PO tomorrow with the rest of them! You all can thank Greggy for a "next day" Priority shipment! 893applaud-thumb.gif

::waiting for Greggy to take an undeserved acclaim.gif:: Hee hee HEE!!!!!

I don't think so - I don't recall where I bought these but I'm pretty sure not from odin. I think the only things I ever bought from him pre cgc were the reject SN5 and the reject Marvel Spotlight 2! foreheadslap.gif

means someone probably is sufficiently insulated from such judgements

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that I'm sufficiently isolated from racial judgements?

If so, that's not the case, and you shouldn't make presumptions. Like yourself, I'm a racial "mixed-bag". I'm part Italian, part Egyptian, and part Greek. And because these are all Mediteranian countries that have a history of cross-breeding, who knows what else could be in my blood. People also try to figure out what I am, and because of my light olive complextion, I've heard everything from Brazillian, to Cuban, to "mixed"(black and white), as well as every mediteranian and middle-eastern country you can think of. And I've even gotten Irish! I can basically be whatever people want to see(with a few obvious exceptions).

I've probably had many of the same experiences as you have, and I'm well aware of the current climate of underlying racism that exists. I'm also particularly sensitive to those who "stick with their own". Going through school, I had to deal with this, and feeling as if I never had a group to call my own. The scar tissue on my knuckles can attest to that.

But now that I'm grown, and less sensitive, I also love the fact that I'm mixed, and I'm all for the mixing of races.

And I've even gotten Irish!

Believe it or not I got that one today (technically yesterday) and I have to say it kind of shocked me!

Going through school, I had to deal with this, and feeling as if I never had a group to call my own. The scar tissue on my knuckles can attest to that

I lack your scar tissue but have a couple of fingers that, when my hand is lying flat on a table, cannot be raised more than half an inch or so due to a couple opf breaks. But I think we be talking the same thing here.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that I'm sufficiently isolated from racial judgements?

Well, I DID say "probably" - kind of hoping!

But now that I'm grown, and less sensitive, I also love the fact that I'm mixed, and I'm all for the mixing of races.

I cannot fault that no how no way.

Now I see the confusion... I assumed you nabbed the 145 since you were the only one online last night along with me. I was not offering up any of my CGC books, just pointing out I had the high grade Marvel "Jungle Trio" so the 145 fit my collection better

Pov has Flying Donut as te owner of that book??? who did not win???? Pov?

Believe it or not... I'm walking on air... I never thought I

Sorry... flashbacks...

Believe it or not, your prizes went out today! You'll know it's for you because I wrote "TJennings says hi" on the envelope... thumbsup2.gif

Pov has Flying Donut as te owner of that book??? who did not win???? Pov?

I guess lighthouse didn't... confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually Lighthouse DID win. I was blindsided by FlyingDonut PMing with with his "choice" 893naughty-thumb.gif.

sorry.gif Lighthouse! I will PM you with a choice of scans. flowerred.gif

Oh yeah - I will not say WHO but the first to respnd did not give me an address to ship to! But I chalk that up to the nice thing about this place. Sometimes you feel so "at home" here that you forget the little details like WHERE DO I MAIL THE BOOK TO?????????893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsmile.gif

If it was Lightouse..you'll have to address it to the "Grants Pass, Oregon Adult Correctional Facility, ATTN: Spooge Receptacle of Cell block 3" tongue.gif - BWAHAHAHA!

MAJOR KUDOS TO POV!

I just received my Golden Age prize book from the forum contest... VERY nice!

Jungle 72, 1945... still with bright cover inks! Interesting that it has 1 staple towards the middle as opposed to 2? I liked the "Camilla" story the best... who wouldn't love a hot blonde rolling around with a jungle cat... (like most of the other jungle babes in their stories)... lots of badd kitties smile.gif

Many Thanks Michael for generously giving your time, donating the GA books, and even paying shipping fees! My sincere appreciation!!

We sure could use more like you in the hobby!

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Jungle 72, 1945... still with bright cover inks! Interesting that it has 1 staple towards the middle as opposed to 2?

There was a WAR on man!!!...they needed the metal for our boys overseas....some books converted to one center staple.

J.D.

Yeah JD... I thought I remembered hearing something like that. Wow... saving metal by 1 staple at a time. Those 1943 steel nickels were interesting as well.

Thanks BB - yes, the single center staple was a staple of the war years (get it? huh? crazy.gif

and err - ::ahem:: they were 1943 steel cents . blush.gif 1942-1945 nickels actually has some silver content so the nickel (or whatever) could be used in the war effort.