• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,905 posts in this topic

I forgot to add I have an important reason to offer up this sale..maybe the most in my life ever.any amount I earn will go toward the item (which could save my dads life)but I will donate the amount total at the end of this sale to a charity of the boards choosing.

ie I earn $168 for ex.. I will use that money now but when more able feb /march I will donate $168 to the chosen charity

I'm going be doing a small-ish like 20 tpb's, GN, HC tomorrow in copper/modern.  It'll be mostly marvel, but there will be some other stuff too.  If you caught the one I had last month, prices were pretty low on the avg, blow out in many cases.  And there will be a few nicer/rarer ones mixed in.  Worth a look, if you wann stop by around noon eastern hour.

thanks.

I know a lot of people are at the NYCC, but I hope some of us are still around the boards.

Tonight starting at 8, I'll be listing some Tales to Astonish books (the hero ones). About 1/2 are from original owner collections. Prices will be good (I hope;) 

I'll probably finish tomorrow night, and add some Tales of Suspense books, including one with a Kirby Signature.

All books are raw, unpressed etc.

See ya;) 

I have some fresh CGC graded books to list for sale. Mostly high grade Silver / Bronze / Copper

I'll start either tonight or tomorrow morning. Just need to scan them.

This is the list.

Avengers #12 CGC 9.2 OWW
Avengers #78 CGC 9.8 OWW

G.I. Joe #21 CGC 9.8

Incredible Hulk #271 CGC 9.8

New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8

Punisher Limited #1 CGC 9.8

Strange Tales #179 CGC 9.8

X-men #61 CGC 9.6
X-men #114 CGC 9.8
X-men #129 CGC 9.8

Mostly Marvel, silver and bronze, handful of slabs, mostly raw and unpressed.

Probable start: Fri 9 PM central.  For at least an hour.  If I don't finish it will carry over into Sat night for the rest. I'll probably leave it open on Sunday, and then ship by Tuesday.

At least five dozen items, maybe some sets at the end, a dozen big keys, a dozen minor keys, two dozen nicer copies for 'runs' collectors (Thor, ASM, FF, Avengers), key features on keys tend to be very presentable mid-grades.

You can check my last 100 items sold on ebay the past couple of months for a sense of what titles to expect, and my pricing - and I'll probably be below my ebay pricing on most of it. link  Not that I'll be listing anything spectacular, but it's a cut above the stuff I was moving on ebay, and I've never offered it there (except I'll be ending three of the listings if unsold and moving them over here at reduced price).

Most of the keys worth mentioning: Av 57, X Men 94, Conan 1, MSH 12 and 18, ASM 101, 121, 122 (raw and slabbed each of the last 2), 238 (if can confirm it's still Bronze in '83 like ebay and wikipedia say and not see my thread disappeared), Thor 165, SA 110 (choice of 2, one I'm keeping), ST 110, and more pedestrian but still cool items like high grade Frankenstein 1 9.0-, a few WBN keys (MS2, and #1, 32), and decent presenting lower grade copies of, e.g., ST 135, DD 7, or Cap 110.  And a few Thanos items (first couple of apps, etc.).

No PMs about the keys, please!  I reserve the right to wimp out and not list 'em, however unlikely.

Most are in the $14-150 range, but maybe 10 bronze books will dip to $5 - $8 range, so I'll have a cheap shipping alternative (see pic) at $4 up to 10 books (but only up to 6 get the layer of bubble wrap).  The Duck, Bat and Garter (1, 2, & 4 books) will NOT be listed, I just like krappy pic in bags.  And if you miss this one, I probably have one more similar thread in me (and my boxes), a repeat of 90% of the same keys and new filler like higher grade run issues (probably in four months after I move another few long boxes on ebay and accumulate a stack of 'pulls' of the nicer things).

IMG_4321.JPG

HOPEFULLY in the next day or so I will be offering a nice group of MOSTLY high grade CGC slabs (SILVER, BRONZE, COPPER AND MODERN) for a friend of mine looking to thin out his collection. I need to scan and price them out.

The list of books;

MARVEL COLLECTIBLE CLASSICS: SPIDER-MAN #2  9.8

UNCANNY X-MEN #244  9.8

HERO FOR HIRE #1  8.5

INVADERS #1  9.8

AMAZING ADVENTURES #1  9.6

KULL THE CONQUEROR #3  9.4

KULL THE CONQUEROR #5  9.4

KULL THE CONQUEROR #2  9.4

KULL THE CONQUEROR #1  9.6  (OLD LABEL)

OMEGA MEN #3  9.6 (2 COPIES)

SHE-HULK #1  9.8

ACTION COMICS #285  7.5

GREEN LANTERN #76  6.5

LOIS LANE #70  7.0

NYX #3  9.8

RAI #1  9.8

MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER #0  9.8 (MAIL-ORDER EDITION)

SPAWN #1  9.8

HOWARD THE DUCK #1  9.6

SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #18  9.8

SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #17  9/8

WEIRD WAR TALES #1  7.5

BATMAN: HARLEY QUINN #NN  9.4

Thursday night and in the Friday Day time

:news: THE ABSOULTELY GREATEST ALL-NEWSSTAND SALE IN HISTORY in copper/modern.

KEYS (including some Mark Jeweler's) - 1st Cable, 1st Gambit, 1st Psylocke, 1st Jubilee, 1st New Warriors, 1st Kilowog, 1st Legion, 1st Blue Devil, 1st Darkhawk, 1st Demon Bear many more!

For the Completionists - ASM's in the 500's and 600's, tons of Uncanny X-men and Wolverine, Spawns

Others - various Image, Batman, other minor keys, Mark Jewerler's, Ultraverse/Malibu, pretty solid amount of Jim Lee stuff, DC animated series comics, a zillion other things.

Please check it out, if you or anyone you know are TRUE completionists, you will not regret stopping by.  I've got about a long box full, and even a few slabs that don't suck.

I will start a great sale of mostly CGC graded Silver and Bronze keys on Wednesday of this week in the Gold/Silver/Bronze Sales forum. I anticipate starting this Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, around 3:00 PM EST.

You will not want to miss it.  I am sorry that I am not able to provide previews but there will be low grade affordable copies of Hulk 1, Tales of Suspense 39, Tales to Astonish 13 and a nice group of mid and high grade mid level keys. 

Will be listing the following Fantastic Four issues for sale on Friday (next group of books I am offering for a friend of mine)

FANTASTIC FOUR #4  3.5  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #7  4.5  OW

FANTASTIC FOUR #9  5.0  OW

FANTASTIC FOUR #12  6.5  OW/W (BEAUTIFUL BOOK BUT LEFT BOTTOM CORNER LOOKS CHEWED)

FANTASTIC FOUR #16  4.5  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #17  7.0  OW

FANTASTIC FOUR #19  7.0  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #30  8.5  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #36  7.5  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #39  8.5  LT/OW

FANTASTIC FOUR #45  6.5  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #48  6.0  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #52  6.0  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #59  9.6  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #67  6.0  C/OW

FANTASTIC FOUR #76  9.2  WHITE

FANTASTIC FOUR #84  9.4  OW/W

FANTASTIC FOUR #86  9.4  OW/W

Last group of books I will be posting for my friend..golden age stuff..

Allstar Comics #24  5.0  ow/w

Blonde Phantom #14  7.0  c/ow

Blue Beetle #56 (used in the SOTI)  6.5  c/ow

Captain America #31  5.0  c/ow

Dagar Desert Hawk #23  4.5  c/ow

Hi-School Romance #1  7.5  lt/ow

Ibis the Invincible #1  5.5  ow

Konga #1  9.0  white

Leading Comics #13 (robot cover)  5.5  c/ow

Sensation Comics #44  5.0  ow

Strange Worlds #1 (avon)  5.5  ow

Whiz Comics #8  5.0  slightly brittle pages

I will be listing a new group of CGC graded books of my own in the next day or so..included will be,

Amazing Spider-man #34  8.0  c/ow

Amazing Spider-man #122  9.0  ow/w

Batman Adventures #12  9.6  white

Captain Marvel #1  8.0  ow/w

Captain Marvel #3  7.5  ow/w (disappointed in the grade)

Fantastic Four #48  8.5  c/ow

Forever People #1  8.0  ow/w

Marvel Feature #1  7.5  ow/w

Silver Surfer #5  9.0  white

Silver Surfer #11  8.5  white

X-men #29  9.4  ow/w

X-men #101  7.0  ow/w

X-men #109  9.4  white

X-men #110  9.4  ow/w

X-men #112  9.4  white

X-men #113  9.4  white

X-men #115  9.6  white

X-men #117  9.8  white (highest graded)

X-men #118  9.6  white

X-men #119  9.2  white

Time to get some more books graded for sale.  Will be doing them in batches.  most are probably 4-5s to my uneducated eye - with the exception of a couple old ASM with tape up the spine <cringe>.  If anyone has specific interest in any of these, I'll bump them to the head of the line to grade:

ASM: 15, 18, 19, 27, 41, 42, 44, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50, 53, 57, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 75, 76, 77, 100, 121, 122 (the Gwen Stacy issues are in much better shape)

ASM Annual: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

DD: 2, 3, 5

X-men 24, 41, 42, 94-103, GS1 (bronze age books are in much better shape)

TOS: 40

Will be a few weeks lead time as these have to be sent in.  Thanks for your interest

Will pics to be added, again any requests will move to front of list.

It's almost time! I've been buying all year long and I've been sticking books aside all year to offer here first. This thread probably won't be quite as massive as in the past but I anticipate listing around 500-600 books, with loads of keys, semi keys, high grades and low grades, and probably around 100 golden age and pre code issues. 

Thinking I will start listing on Thursday the 7th at 8 cst. Here are a few pics of much of what will be offered on the first night. There will also be several surprises added along the way. 

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

Edited by Dale Roberts

I plan to start listing about 250 raw books tonight (Friday) after Marvels Agent of Shield which would be about 10pm east coast time.  Probably not all of them but will continue again Saturday night and maybe again Sunday night till all are listed.  This would include Captain Marvels, MSH 13, Our army at wars, Run of Hero for Hire, Atoms, Brave and the Bolds, and Avengers for now.

Steve

I'm having a Marvel Mutants (plus Deadpool) sale starting tonight (Monday), maybe around 6-7 eastern?  I'll post for a few hours a day this week until I run out.  Its probably just a little less than a longbox full.  It'll be in the Copper/Modern area, mostly raw.

1st apps, minor keys, a few newssies, a few variants, a lot of early Deadpool, definitely some stuff you don't see every day.  Very little if any really modern modern stuff (though there might be some), a couple signed comics and a couple foreign editions.

Stop by, you'll probably find something you like.

Thanks.

We've got one more Signature Series thread for this year, starting up around 8pm EST tonight.  There will be over 65 Copper/Modern Signature Series slabs to choose from!

Lots of cool sigs, a 9.9, many one and only graded copies as well.

Received back from CGC 6 books and will list them, AND picked up a small collection of silver/bronze age books from an estate sale and will be listing the following after the end of this month.  Many of the Marvels are very glossy and bright inks and most of the grades are in the mid to high area.  Alot of nice books.  Keep an eye out for the new thread!

CGC books:

Green Lantern #87  9.2 ow

Thor #146  8.5 ow/w  GLOSSY

Thor #157  8.0 ow/w GLOSSY

Sgt Fury #2  6.0 ow

Marvel Spotlight #2  8.0 white

Marvel Spotlight #3  9.0 ow/w

ALL RAW BOOKS;

Nice group of HIGH GRADE Marvel Treasury Editions (16 books)

Avengers #63, 101

Batman Adventures #1, 14

Conan the Barbarian #12, 13(2),

Daredevil #89, 90, 91, 93, 94, 95, 96,158

Fantastic Four #120, 121(2), 123(2), 124, 126

Green Lantern #88

Incredible Hulk #141, 143

Iron Man #44, 47

Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1

Marvel Team-up #1, 3, 4, 6

Showcase #57, 58

Star Spangled War Stories #138, 140 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146(2), 147, 148

Strange Tales #178, 179, 180, 181,

Sub-Mariner #2, 3

Thor #149

Weird War Tales #2, 3

Werewolf By Night #7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31

Plus might be some others..