• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,905 posts in this topic

Tomorrow  (Sunday) at 10am, I'll be starting a new thread, part 2 of my Action/Superman/Batman sales. These will be the 12-cent silverage books. 

I'll start with Action, list for about 2 hours (should be about 25 books, and continue Monday am at 10am with the rest of the Action and some Adventure books (another 20 to 25 books).  Monday night if I can get the time to scan them, I'll have another sale starting at 8pm with Superman. Batman and Detective will be later in the week, date to be announced depending on how busy people insist on keeping me with other more trivial things;);) 

The Bronze sale really went nicely, hope these do as well. Pricing should be good, the conditions will range, lots of freebies, NOTHING has been pressed, spindled or cleaned (I can't promise no mutilations;) 

And yes, cookies...and if it's still cold, hot chocolate.

Edited by skypinkblu

I hope some people are off today (or have smart phones;) I'm going to start the 2nd part of part 2, this morning at 10am. Actions, Adventures,  a few Superboys and then start on Superman.

That should run for about 2 hours or until people start showing up at my door;)

I'll run another thread tonight starting at 8pm. That should be just Superman. These are all 12 cent books.

Thank you:)

I've got a long box full of copper/modern DC starting this afternoon/evening (Tuesday).  I'll be adding books all the way through Thursday or Friday.

Off the top of my head there will be some 1st Apps, early Harley, quite a few Adam Hughes, some cool newsstands, variants, cool covers, a few slabs, freebies, just a bunch of great stuff.  There will be something for everyone. 

Thanks for your time and consideration.

I'm going to be stating a rather large, magazine sale later tonight (hopefully I'll get started around 8-9pm Eastern). I have approximately 500-600 mags. that have never been listed by me on the boards nor on eBay.
Horror, SciFi, Fantasy... Curtis/Marvel and Warren will rule the roost with some odds and ends thrown in the mix.

Title will include, but not be limited to: Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, 1984/1994, Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, Marvel Previews and Super Specials, Planet of The Apes, Vampire Tales, Dracula Lives, Savage Sword Of Conan, etc. etc. etc......

These mags. are all raw and will run the gamut among grades with the average probably being Fine or better.
If you are a high grade collector (9.0 or better) there may be only a very few that peek your interest. Stop by though, you never know.

Hopefully it won't take me too long to list everything, but I'm guessing this sale will take at least through the upcoming weekend.

I'll try to remember to update with a link once the thread has been established.

**edit**

Edited by DeadOne
link added to sales thread

On 1/15/2018 at 9:05 AM, skypinkblu said:

I hope some people are off today (or have smart phones;) I'm going to start the 2nd part of part 2, this morning at 10am. Actions, Adventures,  a few Superboys and then start on Superman.

That should run for about 2 hours or until people start showing up at my door;)

I'll run another thread tonight starting at 8pm. That should be just Superman. These are all 12 cent books.

Thank you:)

Part 2 of the 12-cent  Supermans starts tonight at 8.00, I'm going to park my table next to Deadone's, he's a very nice guy and will be good company;)

Batman will start Sat at 10 am (yes, EST;) 

22 hours ago, DeadOne said:

I'm going to be stating a rather large, magazine sale later tonight (hopefully I'll get started around 8-9pm Eastern). I have approximately 500-600 mags. that have never been listed by me on the boards nor on eBay.
Horror, SciFi, Fantasy... Curtis/Marvel and Warren will rule the roost with some odds and ends thrown in the mix.

Title will include, but not be limited to: Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, 1984/1994, Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, Marvel Previews and Super Specials, Planet of The Apes, Vampire Tales, Dracula Lives, Savage Sword Of Conan, etc. etc. etc......

These mags. are all raw and will run the gamut among grades with the average probably being Fine or better.
If you are a high grade collector (9.0 or better) there may be only a very few that peek your interest. Stop by though, you never know.

Hopefully it won't take me too long to list everything, but I'm guessing this sale will take at least through the upcoming weekend.

I'll try to remember to update with a link once the thread has been established.

**edit**

I'm getting a much later start to listing this morning than I had planned. :sorry:

I should be raring to go in the next 15 minutes.

Lots of cool, affordable stuff already listed, and a whole lot more waiting in the wings.

Edited by DeadOne

I'll begin listing again just after Noon (ET).
Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella all coming up. Everything listed so far (Minus the Savage Sword of Conan) can be seen in the recap posted on page 12 of the thread.
Or follow the link below to take you right there.

Tomorrow at 10am, part 3 or 4 or 12 of part 2;)

Anyway, I'll be listing my 12 cent Batmans. About 30 books. Next sale will be Sunday at 10 am, More Batmans and a few Detective comics (SA) I'll figure out the next step when that one is done.

Since it's morning, no cookies, maybe some cranberry juice, cereal and eggs;)

OK, Muffins;) 

Vampirella Comics Coming Up in just a Few Minutes

Complete recap of everything still available (and there is A LOT) can be found on page 28... or follow the link below

Just a reminder that all Savage Sword Of Conan magazines are still Buy 1, Get 1 at 50% Off

This morning (now) I'll be listing another 30 Batman and Detective, 12 cent books from my collection, including 1 that is slabbed, a key issue.  I will be continuing tomorrow night at 8 pm, with more Detectives. There are about 90 books still to come in this section. GSB section:)

Coming back from CGC tomorrow I hope..and will be posting for sale. 

Batman Adventures Annual #1  9.6 white 

Batman Adventures #28  9.8  white

Batman Adventures #36  9.8  white

Black Canary Oracle/Birds of Prey #1  9.6  white

The Atom #24  8.5  ow

The Atom #25  9.0  ow/w

Avengers #84  8.5  ow/w

Avengers #96  9.0  white

Brave and the Bold #51  7.0  ow

Brave and the Bold #54  7.0  ow/w

Brave and the Bold #57  8.0  ow

Brave and the Bold #60  6.5  c/ow

Brave and the Bold #62  9.4  ow/w

Brave and the Bold #63  8.0  ow/w

Brave and the Bold #65  8.5  ow/w

Brave and the Bold #68  8.0  ow/w

Brave and the Bold #69  7.5  ow/w

Brave and the Bold #73  7.5  ow/w

Brave and the Bold #75  8.0  ow/w

Daredevil #168  9.4  white

Hero for Hire #4  9.0  ow/w

Hero for Hire #12  9.4  white

Power Man #19   9.2  ow/w

Tonight at 8pm, 35 more SA books, Batman and Detective, plus more freebies.

The 10 cent books will be on Sunday Evening. I will do one round of 40- 50 books. The rest will follow sometime in March. Invoices will be sent Sunday or Monday if you have not gotten one before. If you have earned free shipping this time (or a discount) it will carry over to the next sale.

Edited by skypinkblu
changed time

Going to have another group of NEW silver/bronze age books back from CGC and a couple others with much lower prices hopefully Thursday night..should give me some time to scan them.  Keys. semi-keys, nice books

Amazing Spider-man #64 9.8 white

Amazing Spider-man #121  9.2 white

Atom #24  8.5 ow

Atom #25  9.0 ow/w

Avengers #2  5.0 ow/w

Avengers #3  7.0 ow/w

Avengers #5  9.0 ow/w
Avengers #6  8.5 ow/w
Avengers #7  7.0 ow
Avengers #8  7.0 ow/w
Avengers #9  8.5 ow/w
Avengers #10 8.5 ow
Avengers #11 5.0 ow

Avengers #12 8.5 ow/w
Avengers #13 6.5 ow/w
Avengers #15 7.0 ow/w
Avengers #16 8.0 ow/w
Avengers #17 7.0 ow
Avengers #23 9.0 ow/w
Avengers #28 7.5 ow/w
Avengers #64 9.4 ow/w

Avengers #84 8.5  ow/w
Avengers #87 8.5 white
Avengers #89 9.6 ow
Avengers #98 9.6 ow/w
Avengers #106 9.6 white

Brave and the Bold #51  7.0 ow

Brave and the Bold #63  8.0 ow/w

Brave and Bold #87 9.2 ow/w
Brave and Bold #92 9.0 ow/w
Brave and Bold #93 9.4 ow/w

Chili #1  9.6 white

Detective Comics #307  7.5  ow/w

Hero for Hire #4  9.0 ow/w

Human Torch #1  9.6  white

Jimmy Olsen #133  9.6 white

Power Man #19  9.2 ow/w

Sgt Fury #1  3.0 ow/w

:news:

On Thursday, Feb. 8th at 5:30 PM EST I will begin a thread with all kinds of golden age good stuff right here at this link

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/428492-ricksneatstuff-gold-rush-thursday-515-pm-est/

Check it out.

There will be Baker St John, Fiction House, Archie, Ginger, Fox, an early Catwoman Batman, a little PCH and some surprises here and there.

Coming (hopefully) next Monday -- my 5th Annual Spring Sale.  It's usually my biggest sales thread of the year, though after the one I ran at the end of last year, that probably won't be the the case this time around.  That said, I'll have some nice new undercopies I haven't listed before, and the leftovers from my last sale.  Hope to see familiar faces stopping by to say hello. :foryou:

On 2/17/2018 at 4:58 AM, ChiSoxFan said:

Coming (hopefully) next Monday -- my 5th Annual Spring Sale.  It's usually my biggest sales thread of the year, though after the one I ran at the end of last year, that probably won't be the the case this time around.  That said, I'll have some nice new undercopies I haven't listed before, and the leftovers from my last sale.  Hope to see familiar faces stopping by to say hello. :foryou:

Slight change in plans -- I'll be starting up on Wednesday night instead of tonight, around 6 PM CT.   A long work weekend and feeling under the weather has me a little behind on scanning, but I should be ready to go then.  Hope to see everyone there, even if it's to just say hello. :hi: