• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,908 posts in this topic

Starting tomorrow evening I will be conducting the Great Lucio Parrillo Mega Sale of 2018.  I'll be selling me entire short box of Parrillo variants, mostly in high grade. Lots of rarer stuff and great books from his Vampirella, Warlord of Mars, Queen Sonja, and Red Sonja runs. Plus some more recent variants and a few other odd and ends

It'll be very Italian! 

The "plan" is to hopefully run two smaller threads, one in G/S/B and the other in Modern, starting Wednesday (though I might get it going tomorrow if I can get the time to get all of the remaining scans done).

There will be a handful of new books not offered before, including a Tec #411 (1st Talia Al Ghul), Marvel Spotlight #28 (1st solo Moon Knight), Showcase #60 (1st S.A. Spectre), my new TTA #57 undercopy, and a CGC 9.0 Supergirl #1, The Joker #1, a high-grade Thanos Quest mini-series, and some Deadpool and Black Panther minis to name a few.  The books will all almost either going to be "keys" of some type, or high-grade copies of books, or in some cases, both.  

I'll be listing some 10- cent DCs over the next few months. I'm going to start with Adventure Comics. There are about 50 books (Adventures), all but 3 are 10 cent issues, earliest is 1950.  I plan to start tomorrow at  7pm EST    I won't be doing them all in one session. These are all raw and all from my collection. None have been pressed. They are all complete. 

Hot chocolate and brownies will be served. Or beer and brownies, use your imagination;) 

I'll add some magnets and gifts. 

Edited by skypinkblu

I finished listing a small Batman thread in copper/modern this morning and plan on doing a small magazine thread in mixed later today. Lots of odd magazines, mostly movie/comic related like The Comics Journal, Wizard, Cinefax and such but also some actual comic mags.

Gonna get that HA money one dollar at a time! Bought this double page spread yesterday and hoping for another page today.

19265378%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Edited by Bird

well the mixed thread is doing okay but my Batman thread in copper/modern has been dead so for limited time (I am already re-thinking it) it is buy 3 and get one free (lowest item is the free one).

19326537%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

That image above means that I will be adding more to my mixed thread. I was only going to do the magazines but a few purchases got me motivated (thanks @lizards2 for being the first, and thank you to the others as well) and then I bought that beauty above, so tomorrow I will be adding more. I know it bugs Sharon when you aren't planned out in the test forum :baiting:but I hate moving images from the test threads as it never goes well on this version of the boards for me. Besides, it is the Mixed sales section and I guess I am a bit mixed up lately.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

That image above means that I will be adding more to my mixed thread. I was only going to do the magazines but a few purchases got me motivated (thanks @lizards2 for being the first, and thank you to the others as well) and then I bought that beauty above, so tomorrow I will be adding more. I know it bugs Sharon when you aren't planned out in the test forum :baiting:but I hate moving images from the test threads as it never goes well on this version of the boards for me. Besides, it is the Mixed sales section and I guess I am a bit mixed up lately.

I didn't know you were a virgin.  Now I'm thinking I should have checked your ID.., :eek: 

10 minutes ago, Bird said:

Doesn't bug me at all. I never use the test forum nor do I look at it. I just use Word. :gossip: Must be some other female boarder that it bugs, lol;)

Nice art!!!!!

15 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Doesn't bug me at all. I never use the test forum nor do I look at it. I just use Word. :gossip: Must be some other female boarder that it bugs, lol;)

Nice art!!!!!

oops, sorry. And thanks again for helping me last year with my shopping!

Up a bit early so I ate a pork roll & egg and cut some prices! Prices in the initial posts in mixed were dropped significantly and the Batman thread is now B2G1 free. I will add some more comics to the mixed thread today, as well as groovy Hulk and Spider-Man kids watches.

I have time off from work so I have been busting my butt listing in my thread in the Mixed sales section. I have added some comics signed by legends including Art Adams, Bill Sienkiewicz, Walt Simonson, Gil Kane, Roy Thomas, Ernie Colon & Jim Starlin as well as soon to be legends Tony Harris, Steven Grant, Andy MacDonald and others. I have upped the discount on the original art to 15% off the listed prices as well (that means one piece is $8.50! No more discounting those though.) I would add more art but it ain't getting no love! I have added sketchbooks by Bill Sienkiewicz, Frank Cho, Phil Noto (with a sketch inside) and others. I plan to keep listing throughout the week or until I collapse! Thank you to the lurkers, the lookers, and the spenders!

I'm turning this thread into my personal journal!!!

Well, I was considering slowing my roll on the mixed age sales thread but a few purchases got me going again. I have a longbox of miniseries set aside for the occasional show (I have done two now) and will list about 40 miniseries tomorrow, mostly likely late afternoon as I am actually going to work in the morning. Then I am sure I will go go go again. I haven't even really gone into the closet full of hardcovers, DC chronicles, and the like! Yet!

Has it been 21 hours already?

I added some new comic art to my thread in the comic art marketplace section. Some great sketches for $100 or less, might be great gifts for the holidays for those kids and teens who love the Marvel UNiverse movies! :whistle:

I am also about to add some early Thor 160-190 range or so, Marvel Feature Antman, and some great FFs from 170-189 to my thread in the mixed age. I am on the fence about adding more early Brioze/late Silver but am considering my Spider-Man 100 with the bug eaten hole in the back!

Here are some of the new art additions.

chenstripKANG.jpg&key=f51ffdaea18651e0e1

chenstrip.jpg&key=2915c2659099f892d1a56fphamfastballspecialSMALL.jpg&key=97c928bandyhellboy.jpg&key=c641b4461c947f383ab8

Edited by Bird

I was losing steam but then found a cache of groovy stuff, so I am reinvigorated. Or manic. It could really be either. :whee:

So my thread in Mixed Ages continues to grow, although I have combined posts to keep it as small as possible. But this announcement is to let you know that I put some truly groovy tpbs in there, 1st prints of DKR, Kingcome Come, Akira books 1-6, Brought to Light, A Small Killing, and more. 

Then I just added a rare thang, Narrative Corpse edited by Art Spiegelman and R Sikoryak with sigs by Sikoryak, Spain Rodriquez, Peter Bagge, Kaz, S. Clay Wilson, Kim Deitch, & Will Eisner! 

Also, the Venom 1 per store Todd McFarlane cover, which was a panel stolen from ASM 300!

And lots more, with more to come tonight and tomorrow and then that should be it. I still have to get to the Berni Wrightson Fan Club stuff as well!

And everything on page 3 priced $5 and under is B1G1 with no limit.  link to page 3

Edited by Bird

6 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

RicksNeatStuff/ Markentoth combined Gold Sales Thread. 

Sunday November 25th, in the evening. Time to be announced.

I have asked Sean (markentoth) to let go of some of his under copies and those books will be combined with some new offerings I have. He will be taking payments direct and shipping direct, as will I. This is an attempt to bring an exciting thread with some new to market (and a few second chance) books to the boards. 

There will be plenty of PCH, bondage, headlights, skulls and other debauchery. 

@Markentoth @ThothAmon @jeranimal @Roddulate @sacentaur @october @n2wdw@Ltpink2002 @Mystafo @surfcitycomics @Philreal @Changer @Dreamtoreal1 @BuscemasAvengers @Junkdrawer @ebixter@dem1138@oceans11@thirdgreenham @goldust40 @JustJimN @NikoSleeps1991 @dannyboy @Gregd @retrocomics @misterrmystery @SOLAR BOY @path4play @Robot Man @Readcomix @SuperGrover @Diamonddave @entalmighty1 @szavisca @X_Phile @bounty_coder@mwotka @jimjum12 @JB123 @Supernerd @Norrin's lawyer @MustEatBrains @mdean2437 @atomised @toto @newshane @Patriot6 @OdinsSecrets @gino2paulus2 @Yosemite @Bunky Brian @Drummy @BriD. @miraclemet @rabidwolf @khoo75 @BEAUMONTS @Frisco Larson @Zolnerowich @Inaflash @shortboxed @torontodesignguy @adamstrange @Microbia 

No SkOw? (shrug)

James-Van-Der-Beek-Dawson-Crying.jpg