• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,905 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:14 AM, Dale Roberts said:

Hey everyone. Its that time of year again. I will be starting my 10th annual Holiday sales thread next week.

I have been setting aside books all year for this, and I just bought a tremendous collection about 2 weeks ago, and many of those books will be offered here first.

I haven't pinpointed the day of the first listings yet, but will begin scanning later this week. Could be Sunday night, could be Tuesday night. Anyway, I have been getting a lot of people asking about it, so thought I would put this out there.

OK, I will be listing books this coming Thursday night at 7 CST. I've got about 3/4 of a box scanned and more to come!  I'll post a little preview tomorrow.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:58 AM, Dale Roberts said:

OK, I will be listing books this coming Thursday night at 7 CST. I've got about 3/4 of a box scanned and more to come!  I'll post a little preview tomorrow.

Here is a preview of some of the stuff that will be listed tomorrow night. I can honestly say I will be offering the best books at the best prices of any sales thread I’ve ever run!  This is tomorrow’s preview only! And there will be other stuff not pictured  

385B6601-D5DD-4B59-BDEE-859824B3A3AE.jpeg

DCAA5D22-34ED-40B1-9B2B-AE98A74D267D.jpeg

5A98E941-0B09-4844-A469-D781EF157CCB.jpeg

A4137149-B41B-45FF-AB9B-236B3CB26916.jpeg

I'm going to be having a ALL-INDEPENDENTS sale in copper/modern over Wednesday and Thursday evenings this week.  Maybe a little less than a long box full in total?  Little bit of everything.  But if your tastes are a bit more refined than average Marvel and DC fare, its probably worth stopping by.

Starts around 7pm eastern on Wednesday? give or take a half hour.

Edited by revat

I know some of you rarely wander into to comics general, but Dr. X generously provides a lot of adolescent fun and prizes each year. Kindly join in and keep the tradition rolling:) He's trying to break last year's participation record.

Happy Holidays!

None may know the hour....but, before the New Year tolls....when all hope seems lost.....You Might Find It! :devil:

Seriously, those who have seen me do one of these before know what this means, but for those who have not, it is a random, rambling and raucous offering of Gold, Silver and Bronze oddities and obscurities, plus tangentially related items such as mags, books, etc and the occasional straight-up key/minor key. 

Be alert, as I really have no idea when I will fit it in over the holidays but it will happen. I'm still sorting stuff, and I am looking at two collections today for a few keepers and a lot of read-and-release enjoyment, some of which may also work its way into You Might Find It before it's over. 

Just now, BuscemasAvengers said:

Time for a year-end blow out.  Starting Saturday (Dec.21st) evening sometime between 7:00-8:00 pm EST until ???, and then hopefully starting early on Sunday morning (Dec.22), the G/S/B thread will feature over 100 books, and the Moderns thread will contain over 35 books. Some slabs, multiples, Canadian Price Variants and a few freebies. Shipping of these books will not take place until the holidays have subsided, and purchased books will be on the move sometime between Jan. 8-10.

@crassus@Timmay@gcstomp@thejudge01@Straw-Man@jbpez@arexcrooke@Batarag@Nuttzo@echu@Comicshows@gadzukes@Frank.Einstein@Top City Comics@october@Unstoppablejayd@Djohnson321@misterrmystery@lizards2@entalmighty1@SOLAR BOY@Casablanca

@Ricksneatstuff@Roger66@gunsmokin@Callaway29@T'Challa@skypinkblu@Bird@ThothAmon @jeranimal @Roddulate @sacentaur@Mystafo@surfcitycomics @Philreal @Changer @Dreamtoreal1@oceans11@thirdgreenham @goldust40 @JustJimN @NikoSleeps1991 @dannyboy @retrocomics @path4play @Robot Man @Readcomix @szavisca @X_Phile @bounty_coder@mwotka @jimjum12 @Norrin's lawyer @MustEatBrains @atomised @toto @newshane  @OdinsSecrets @gino2paulus2 @Yosemite @miraclemet @Zolnerowich @shortboxed  @adamstrange @ChiSoxFan @eschnit @Joshua33 @Spyder! @comicquant @goldenacase @Comcav@Markentoth @mustang33guy @comicnoir @dannyboy @Omaha-CGC-Comics @surfcitycomics @sagii@davet75@kazoo@faster friends@Dayzen@silverweb@KryptoMayor@Badger@Ghastly542454@SkOw@wolverine180@Jordysnordy@kat123@ADAMANTIUM@Harry Lime@wolverine180@Wolverinex@Krismusic@pickycollector@comicginger1789@1950's war comics@Foley@LordRahl@JollyComics@eddly@TheComicsPreacher@Azkaban@Erndog@habsfan1@jbpez@drbanner@hatrik777@ORRGO THE UNCONQUERABLE@The Lions Den@joeypost@newshane@nochips@5crazykids@mbatko_8@gcstomp@Edward Wendt

20191220_222813_resized.jpg

20191220_223243_resized.jpg

20191220_223617_resized.jpg

20191220_223858_resized.jpg

20191220_224543_resized.jpg

Quit spamming me.  What did I do to deserve such treatment? 

The war chest is dwindling and I have plans to go to war in early February...so let's have a sales thread. Or two perhaps. I plan on having large threads in both G/S/B and C/M over the course of January and will start in G/S/B in January, likely on the 1st. I will certainly list issues 2-19 or so of Iron Man, sub 100 X-Men and Avengers and the like. Then in the middle of the month I will transition to C/M. Prices will be good as I want to sell and will be listing tons of stuff I have had for a while. I should also have a few slabs come back during the month and expect to list some of those including Batman 121 low grade, Avengers 2, TTA44 and a few more.