• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,905 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2020 at 11:31 PM, Azkaban said:

Planning on having another sale starting Thursday the 6th starting around 8:00 eastern 7:00 central  and will be all over the place as per my usual sales thread  lol hopefully you'll find something you like, shout out to the boardies that have bought in the last couple of threads  (thumbsu @lizards2 @Batarag @speedcake @Changer @skypinkblu @kairos70 @musicmeta @TheAvenger80 @davet75 @Jaydee @misterrmystery @sacentaur @Big.Daddy @echu @PreHero @SkOw @Kree8ev1 @Mr Sneeze @hatrik777 @Djohnson321 @BuscemasAvengers @Pitboss @bentbryan @smithdatura @Toz @blue808 @BorderlineHoarder @Spyder! @MDR123 @grebal @steveinthecity @chevalmeow 

instead of running the threads every night :ohnoez: it will start Thursday and I'll go again on Sunday night and it will go that way for 4 to 5 weeks so you'll have plenty of time to look and buy and have over a month or longer to pay up lol I have hundreds of books and it's going to take some time to go thru them. Golden, Silver, Bronze, Copper and Modern. Some slabs lots raw. I know @lizards2 wants a preview so I'll post a quick pic :smile: It'll be all over the place as you can tell from the below picture

83723709_131556221355326_3475456423180107776_n.jpg

work has taken it's toll and I'm going to be starting this on Friday 2/7 at 8:00 eastern 7:00 central instead of Thursday FYI

On 2/3/2020 at 8:56 AM, Readcomix said:

I am working on my first-ever Golden Age barroom brawl...I mean, herd cull …  from my collection. I intend to begin in the early part of this week, but deliberations are not easy. Nothing in this one will be easy stuff for me to part with, but I have a Chesler classic cover en route and a shot at another big target of mine later this week, so I am making some difficult decisions. Stay tuned...

Update....I have identified 24 books, begrudgingly...I put back almost the same number of candidates, but I may still switch some out. I think about 20-24 is all I can bring myself to part with currently. There will be only a couple re-runs among them, books I cannot believe got left on the boards once before. The mix will include some less common 50's books (a half dozen with only 1 on census, and a couple zeroes) and one or two books that I do not think have been offered on here before (to the best of our search function's ability to determine). We are not necessarily talking nosebleed books, mind you, so much as tough, esoteric books. Should be fun. But the line-up could still change before I shoot pix. doh!

Planning on a 100+ Signature Series sale starting tomorrow at 1pm EST, will have Silver Age through Modern slabs with some way cool stuff with new prices.

5 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

At about 9 pm tonight I will be listing some 80 Page Giants, Batman Family and some nice Detective 100 pagers. 3-4 groups (lots) of books all reasonably priced. 

:sorry:I'm going to the show to see Benji The Hunted.

16 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Ok, I've got all 24 books photographed and graded, so hopefully tonight.  Mostly mid-grade and VG range books, but the most commonly-submitted book in the stack has 22 on census, so many may well be relative high-grade among the known population. 

I keep hearing about this thread... 

23 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Some pretty sweet golden age books in all price ranges and some high grade bronze and select silver coming Wednesday afternoon, February 12th to the gold/silver/bronze forum. 

I’ve had some home emergencies today. I am not positive whether I will be posting a few more tonight or tomorrow. Sorry. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

All the best in the recoveries, Rick! That royally sucks!

Yeah when the sump pump goes out it reminds you of why you don’t store your comics in the basement. It also lets you know water and fire restoration would have been a very good business to be in.  :flipbait:

14 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Yeah when the sump pump goes out it reminds you of why you don’t store your comics in the basement. It also lets you know water and fire restoration would have been a very good business to be in.  :flipbait:

Very true!

15 Long Box Silver through Copper Collection coming to Mixed-Age Thread!!

Ok, I have a nice raw collection of all kinds of DC, Marvel and a few other publishers.  

I’ve never done a Mixed Age thread before so I will try it with the “A”s and if they do well we will do the “B”s. These books will be priced for sale all below OSPG.  

I will start it now but Saturday morning around 10:00 AM EST we will really get it going with Amazing Spider-Man 

@ThothAmon @jeranimal @Roddulate @sacentaur @october @n2wdw@Ltpink2002 @Mystafo @surfcitycomics @Philreal @Changer @Dreamtoreal1 @BuscemasAvengers @Junkdrawer @ebixter@dem1138@oceans11@thirdgreenham @goldust40 @JustJimN @NikoSleeps1991 @dannyboy @Gregd @retrocomics @misterrmystery @SOLAR BOY @path4play @Robot Man @Readcomix @SuperGrover @entalmighty1 @szavisca @X_Phile @bounty_coder@mwotka @jimjum12 @JB123 @Supernerd @Norrin's lawyer @MustEatBrains @mdean2437 @atomised @toto @newshane @Patriot6 @OdinsSecrets @gino2paulus2 @Yosemite @Bunky Brian @Drummy @BriD. @miraclemet @rabidwolf @khoo75 @BEAUMONTS @Frisco Larson @Zolnerowich @Inaflash @shortboxed  @adamstrange @Microbia  @SkOw@Casablanca @JRBaxter @comichut @ChiSoxFan @eschnit @Joshua33 @Spyder! @kazoo @mrlatko @comicquant @goldenacase @Comcav@Markentoth @mustang33guy @comicnoir @dannyboy @Ghastly542454

@Mike maio @jhm @gunsmokin @SSuperman @AsGold @Qua-Brot @Action252Kid @Iceman399 @Nuttzo @GACollectibles @Beige @Gruson @dinesh_s @Lookin4Newsstands @BarristerBaker @GoldenAgeAddict @goldenacase@SSuperman @Balrog-1 @BarristerBaker @blue808 @mrd160 @speedcake@RedGiant@Falcon760@GreatCaesarsGhost @Melvin Floyd @bodhee11 @Black_Adam @jbpez@Djohnson321@Comical Situations @Incredible Pulp @Stin'sPCHkeys @NEED MO DAKKA @echu@Quicksilver Signs@Jonathan78@bcphillips119

Edited by Ricksneatstuff