• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,905 posts in this topic

Grail Covers sale this afternoon. 9 Goldies and 1 Bronze. Mix will include, Baker, Eisner, Ditko, BWS, Briefer and more. Will be great deals for upcoming tax returns on time pay and bundle pricing as well. Offering 10 books of mine that don't hit the boards every day!!! Hope to see you there at 6pm Eastern, 6pm Pacific.

I'm thinking of having a large RAW book sale sale over the next week.

Mainly some late Silver, mostly Bronze and some Copper run issues. Majority will be Marvel with some DC.

Nothing very large or mega key (although there will be some keys). Just lots of terrific, mostly high grade books that either didn't make the cut or did not get sent off to get graded.

There might be the odd esoteric GA book but not a whole lot.

Lots of 9.6/9.8 raw copies from the 70s and 80s.

I'm hoping to list about 200 books ranging in price from $50-150.

If anyone is looking for anything specific feel free to either discuss here or message me with interest.

Edited by VintageComics

*** GOLDEN AGE AND SILVER AGE SALE ***

Some really nice books are going to be available for sale tonight. We will be offering some Baker, Schomburg, Chesler, and some Grail Superhero first appearances from the Silver Age. There will only be a couple of previously offered books, and those will be priced for immediate sale. The rest will be new offerings at great prices. Even if you aren't in the market, you should check this sale out. There will be deals to be had that will put a smile on your face!!! Time Pay available for the heavy stuff, and some affordable offerings as well. WE START @ 5PM PST. Hope to see you there ;)

Given that the contagion curve in Italy has started to settle down, I have decided to go back to some selling/buying.
I will start a mostly Marvel SA/BA thread in a while, let’s say in an hour or so. Not many books, with a few foreign editions added.
Some highlights are Journey Into Mystery #88 (second Loki), Thor #134 and Thor #165. Foreign editions of ASM #101 and a few others.

This afternoon I will begin listing books in the G/S/B Forum. I will also be listing books in the C/M Forum but I may not get to that today. 

These are readers, duplicates, and under-copies.  DC and Marvel mostly, a few independents too. 

The books I will be listing are Nothing Great - mostly Bronze and Copper, some Silver and a handful Moderns.  Most are lower grade, some are higher but not ultra-high grade (probably nothing worth slabbing).  No real keys or pseudo-keys.  Just decent books if you want a fun read. 

Normally, I ship via Flat Rate Priority Mail as it allows me to get as much protective cardboard as possible. However, because of the relatively low value of most of these books, I will entertain requests for alternate, lower-cost methods of shipping...provided the buyer is willing to accept responsibility for using this method.  I’ll work with you if you work with me, but again, my default is going to be Flat Rate 

Going to try and run a small thread this evening about 7 Central. I'm going to run those Siver Age Atoms through one more time with a bit more discount, and about a dozen high grade Bronze Age Hulks.

VCC 2020 Thread Logo.jpg

Hey everybody.

Just a heads up that the VCC will be going on this weekend right here on the CGC Chat Boards.

Dealer/ Seller setup begins at 8pm eastern tomorrow (4/17) night.
We invite anyone who is planning on, or is currently, holding a sales thread to consider setting up a booth at the VCC. It's fairly simple to do, I advertise the VCC on FB and Twitter as well as emails throughout the weekend for our 200 or so subscribers, and you can sell your eBay and other venue stuff without breaking the "board exclusive offer" rule... as long as you do it in a VCC booth.

The show officially opens its doors to buyers on Saturday (4/18) at 10am eastern.

I hope to see the VCC Expo Center packed to the rafters, but please remember to practice safe social distancing, cover your mouth when you breathe, and bring your own tp.

I'm announcing an impending sale, and soliciting opinions in the process....Last Thursday, I picked up a collection, and its all over the place. Over 1,250 books from Golden Age to Copper (a smidge of each) with the majority being silver and bronze. There's also a fair amount (3 out of 10 boxes) of Treasuries, various EC reprints, various mags, etc. 

I can't do everything I might share here from this collection in one thread; so we're going to approach this in the only sensible fashion -- like Dominick's on Arthur Avenue in da Bronx...there is no menu, just give us an idea of what you're in the mood for today and we'll bring something from the kitchen... You want Marvel, DC, oddballs? Singles, lots/sets? Minor keys? 

I'm leaning towards not a complete randomness, such as my "You Might Find It" threads I do occasionally (though this collection could be one or two itself) but starting out with sets/lots with some better singles interspersed, and announcing a general theme before each "wave" begins in the thread. Any strong preferences out there? (Sorting now; will shoot some tomorrow and hopefully begin as soon as tomorrow night, but certainly within the week.)

10 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I'm announcing an impending sale, and soliciting opinions in the process....Last Thursday, I picked up a collection, and its all over the place. Over 1,250 books from Golden Age to Copper (a smidge of each) with the majority being silver and bronze. There's also a fair amount (3 out of 10 boxes) of Treasuries, various EC reprints, various mags, etc. 

I can't do everything I might share here from this collection in one thread; so we're going to approach this in the only sensible fashion -- like Dominick's on Arthur Avenue in da Bronx...there is no menu, just give us an idea of what you're in the mood for today and we'll bring something from the kitchen... You want Marvel, DC, oddballs? Singles, lots/sets? Minor keys? 

I'm leaning towards not a complete randomness, such as my "You Might Find It" threads I do occasionally (though this collection could be one or two itself) but starting out with sets/lots with some better singles interspersed, and announcing a general theme before each "wave" begins in the thread. Any strong preferences out there? (Sorting now; will shoot some tomorrow and hopefully begin as soon as tomorrow night, but certainly within the week.)

Keys and runs please

Edited by Comical Situations

Saturday morning starting at about 10am EST I'll be selling my SA Flash collection.  I have a complete run from 105 to 200, plus some of the Showcases. Most of the books are raw, some of the keys are slabbed. I am scanning a few books above #200 as well, but I think I've graded enough;) so I'll be using most of the other higher numbers as freebies.

I'm going to start posting with the last books first. 

The Flash is one of the last SA runs I kept because he was one of my favorites.

My  recent  thread  to help  out  my  Ohio buddy  worked  well enough  to   lift  him  out  of  a  fairly  bad  situation  due to the  Covid-19 
shutdown  in  his  state,  He wanted  to  say thanks to  everyone  who  participated.

As  a thankyou  to me,   he's sending  me  up  another  batch,  much  the same mix,  and  has offered  me  a  commission  this time  around,
Keep your eyes  peeled,   I  expect  to get  something  rolling  around  the first of  May!

More  teen humor,   more  good-girl  art,  a couple   pre-code  crime books,  and  some  mixed grille.  I expect  to  have  a swell  time  with them, 
and   get a  chance to  look  at more  books  I've never seen  in  hand  before.  Fun! 

I will be listing some cheap C/M books starting later today. Blowing them out bulk style on a bunch of lots, I have too many random issues of Avengers and X-Men and stuff laying around. I bought 2 longboxes last weekend so this will mostly be those books and some of my other ones put in to make some nice lots. I am toying with the idea of going whole hog after that and listing lots of single issues as well but we will see how it goes.