• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,906 posts in this topic

Are any of you drunken fools *cough* cd4ever *cough* going to be mass-listing tonight?

Since you asked me specifically as well, no. But hopefully someone will keep bumping my ASM thread to the top by buying more issues.

Originally Posted By: cd4ever
Hoping to tonight, time allowing.

So, have the hard liquor and tunes starting flowing yet?

I resent that insinuation. :sumo:Yes on both counts..... :whistle:

Originally Posted By: joe_collector
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header"> Originally Posted By: cd4ever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping to tonight, time allowing. </div></div><br /><br />So, have the hard liquor and tunes starting flowing yet?

I resent that insinuation. sumo.gif

Yes on both counts..... whistle.gif

I've played Long Road To Ruin about a 10 times tonite. Man I love that song! I just learned to play it on the guitar too. Great tune!

Originally Posted By: joe_collector
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header"> Originally Posted By: cd4ever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping to tonight, time allowing. </div></div><br /><br />So, have the hard liquor and tunes starting flowing yet?

I resent that insinuation. sumo.gif

Yes on both counts..... whistle.gif

I've played Long Road To Ruin about a 10 times tonite. Man I love that song! I just learned to play it on the guitar too. Great tune!

This year alone I've learned like 30 new songs on guitar.......hero.

Sigh...the Foo Fighters go on..and on...and on, while one of the greatest Rock-and-Roll bands in the world can't get arrested over here these days and finally (and sadly) decides to call it quits.

All hail the pride of Stockholm, the mighty muthereffin' Hellacopters...!!!!!

Edited by mikeyriffhard

Originally Posted By: r1970d

Sigh...the Foo Fighters go on..and on...and on, while one of the greatest Rock-and-Roll bands in the world can't get arrested over here these days and finally (and sadly) decides to call it quits.

All hail the pride of Stockholm, the mighty muthereffin' Hellacopters...!!!!!

Did someone just diss the Foo's??? I saw them live a couple weeks ago and it was KILLER!!!! Best hard rock show I've seen in a long time...better then Van Halen....better than Bon Jovi.....Better than Rush....Almost better than Air Supply. Dave Grohl is the coolest person in the universe and a freakin comedian too. Yes, I know, all these bands I mentioned are old. But so am I. Counting Crows in a few weeks with Maroon 5. The Crows are probably my favorite live band. Adam is so disfunctional and the songs are super-heartfelt but when they need to rock, they can, better than most.

Did someone just diss the Foo's??? I saw them live a couple weeks ago and it was KILLER!!!! Best hard rock show I've seen in a long time...better then Van Halen....better than Bon Jovi.....Better than Rush....Almost better than Air Supply.

Dave Grohl is the coolest person in the universe and a freakin comedian too. Yes, I know, all these bands I mentioned are old. But so am I.

Counting Crows in a few weeks with Maroon 5. The Crows are probably my favorite live band. Adam is so disfunctional and the songs are super-heartfelt but when they need to rock, they can, better than most.

We inhabit different musical worlds, my friend...upcoming (mainstream) shows for me include Ted Nugent, Kix, and Motorhead...

Did someone just diss the Foo's??? I saw them live a couple weeks ago and it was KILLER!!!! Best hard rock show I've seen in a long time...better then Van Halen....better than Bon Jovi.....Better than Rush....Almost better than Air Supply.

Dave Grohl is the coolest person in the universe and a freakin comedian too. Yes, I know, all these bands I mentioned are old. But so am I.

Counting Crows in a few weeks with Maroon 5. The Crows are probably my favorite live band. Adam is so disfunctional and the songs are super-heartfelt but when they need to rock, they can, better than most.

We inhabit different musical worlds, my friend...upcoming (mainstream) shows for me include Ted Nugent, Kix, and Motorhead...

Next chance I get I am seeing Allison Krauss live. I would really love to see Lyle Lovett live as well. Would also love to see Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Rush and Joe Satriani live.

Would also love to see Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Rush and Joe Satriani live.

Just saw Maiden back in June. I'm still getting used to the 3-guitar thing, but it was a VERY strong show...Bruce Dickinson, amazingly, still sounds as good as he did back in the '80s...

The Nuge!!! (worship)

Originally Posted By: mikeyriffhard

The Nuge!!! \(worship\)
PS: The Air Supply was a joke...I hope everyone got that. doh! Although in full disclosure, if Making Love Out of Nothing at All doesn't move you, you're probably already dead. For 5 years or so, Jim Steinman was the best songwriter in the world and Bat out of Hell will be buried with me. Meat Loaf was the lucky recipient of incredible songs, amazing Todd Rundgren guitar and half the E-Street band backing him up. Hell, gimme that and I'm top 10.

Originally Posted By: mikeyriffhard

The Nuge!!! \(worship\)
PS: The Air Supply was a joke...I hope everyone got that. doh\! Although in full disclosure, if Making Love Out of Nothing at All doesn't move you, you're probably already dead. For 5 years or so, Jim Steinman was the best songwriter in the world and Bat out of Hell will be buried with me. Meat Loaf was the lucky recipient of incredible songs, amazing Todd Rundgren guitar and half the E-Street band backing him up. Hell, gimme that and I'm top 10.
Don't forget Meat's HUGE voice...which (to bring it all back home) he honed in the mid-70s as part of one of Ted Nugent's marauding touring bands...